GT series chargers firmware update v2.31 - RC Groups
Dec 09, 2017, 12:23 AM
Discussion

GT series chargers firmware update v2.31

Hi,
We have a new update for all our GT series chargers. Check out the updates below.

Version: v2.31
Release Date: 8 Dec 2017

Description:
1) Added Ioniq Mode for LiPos.
2) Added parallel mode option for LiHV.
3) Fixed change amp bugs (parallel mode) in Li Unbalanced Charge and Regenerative Discharge.
4) Changed Battery Status and Cell IR Info to display single pack status in parallel mode.
5) When error occurs, pressing Back goes to status info screen instead of main screen.
6) Added 14.4V - 24.0V range in Regen V. Max setting.
7) Increased supply noise filtering when charging at low currents.
8) Changed supply high error message to appear at 31V instead of 30V.

Fong
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2017, 08:58 AM
MK
MK
I like #4. Thanks for the continued work and updates!
Dec 11, 2017, 10:54 PM
Downloaded the upgrade for the GT1000. Followed the instructions,however the application gave me error indicating I had a GT800 connected and halted the update. Any suggestions?
Dec 11, 2017, 11:19 PM
I believe the GT800 is a printing mistake, it should be GT1000.

This error could happen if you attempt an update without the serial number showing up. Could you try selecting the COM port number instead of selecting Auto? Alternatively follow the sequence below to try and get the serial number to show up.

1) Close update utility and power down the charger.
2) USB cable must be connected first.
3) Power up the charger.
4) Check in Windows Device Manager that the charger COM port is detected without errors.
5) At this time, open the update utility. The serial number should show up.
Dec 12, 2017, 08:04 AM
What is the IONIQ setting for lipos?
New chemistry? More "POWA?"
Dec 12, 2017, 09:26 PM
Basically it's a charging algorithm to increase the cycle life of LiPos. LiPos get damaged the fastest at the CC/CV transition during charging, especially with HV chemistries. Therefore the Ioniq profile alters the current during the CC/CV stage to reduce the damage.
Dec 13, 2017, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoFong
Basically it's a charging algorithm to increase the cycle life of LiPos. LiPos get damaged the fastest at the CC/CV transition during charging, especially with HV chemistries. Therefore the Ioniq profile alters the current during the CC/CV stage to reduce the damage.
Very cool. So all lipo charging has been updated? Or this is something we toggle on/off?
Dec 13, 2017, 09:43 PM
The normal LiPo charge still remains. The Ioniq mode can be turned on or off in the Advanced Settings - > Ioniq / Cold Weather menu.
Dec 22, 2017, 04:28 PM
down loaded in a snap. on my GT1000 Duo, I had to close the software and reopen before it would recognize the second channel and allow me to update it. for each charger, open software, power up charger, plug in usb cable between them, click update. once it finishes, if you have another charger or channel of a charger to update, close and re-open the program and repeat as before.

Quick Reply