Saito 4-Stroke Kit Engines? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Bunnyshooter223, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 07, 2017, 02:00 PM
| Saitopunk | Genesis 8:11
Idea

Saito 4-Stroke Kit Engines?

Firstly, I think Saito should sell an 'FA-112V' V-twin (based on the .56B). Or at least bring back that wonderful FA-100T opposed twin. With pipes, no mufflers

I think Saito could sell certain engines as kits on a made-to-order basis:
-The FA-56B, the FA-82B, and the FA-115.
-Bring back the FA-91S as a 'Classic Kit' engine.
-I would enjoy the beautiful FA-150B as a kit! But i do not know if it would be profitable in this form.

-Included tools: Gap Tool and Valve Adjustment Wrench only. Glow Plugs sold separately.

Knock off about 1/9th price for kit engines with a limited warranty for parts.
Include disclaimer explaining that these are kit engines and performance relies on the assembler

This would be experimental for Saito. I think the kit engine market is more a niche, atm, for Saito. But has potential...
The FA-56B may be a good engine to test such a market. It is popular but also has been discontinued for sale in America according to the Horizon Hobby website. It is a respected engine with enough power for certain small balsa model airplanes. Sounds nice too!

Saito could attract non-modelers to this 'kit engine' market! There are 'mechanical' people out there that would be interested in this. This may ultimately lead to more sales in the model engine market as non-modelers discover RC Model Airplanes.

Saito could use YouTube for advertising their kit engines. Short and sweet.

You don't even need nitro in your methanol/oil fuel to run Saito engines. But a little nitro may make tuning easier

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; Dec 09, 2017 at 12:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts