Futaba 14SG Gimbals and RSSI - RC Groups
Dec 07, 2017, 12:56 PM
I can drift a heli
Question

Futaba 14SG Gimbals and RSSI

I have a couple questions about my Futaba.
I got the 14SG when I was into 3D heli's. Solid Radio Link. I used the 14SG for quadcopters for a while
but went to a Taranis for the telemetry. Futaba sbus2 RX's (telemetry) were kind of pricey.

Now with the newest flight controllers (BetaFlight) with the built in OSD I can get all the telemetry info on screen so in theory
I could use regular futaba Sbus RX's and not have to worry about telemetry going to the RX.

But my cyclic gimbal on the 14SG is getting a little sloppy and I have not been able to find replacement gimbals for it.
Do you have to send it in to Futaba to replace the gimbals?

Also I have been searching on how to get RSSI values from a futaba RX and I have a feeling it is not possible. Atleast for sbus right?
I have had good luck with frsky futaba compatible RX's and there is one that has a RSSI port but not sure if I could get that value to
my OSD which is built into the Flight Controller.

Thanks
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2017, 12:58 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
There is no way on Futaba to map a telemetry value to a channel (which would be necessary to get RSSI on SBus).

You can use the FrSky TX with its RSSI port if your FC has an option for an external RSSI input.
Dec 07, 2017, 01:22 PM
I can drift a heli
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
There is no way on Futaba to map a telemetry value to a channel (which would be necessary to get RSSI on SBus).

You can use the FrSky TX with its RSSI port if your FC has an option for an external RSSI input.
Thanks.
Yah it is super easy to map RSSI to a channel on my Taranis and then have it shown in the OSD which I do now.
Dec 07, 2017, 01:24 PM
I can drift a heli
I found this frsky sbus rx which is futaba compatible and has a RSSI port.

https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-tfr8s...r-w-s-bus.html
Dec 10, 2017, 05:07 PM
RC expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset
I found this frsky sbus rx which is futaba compatible and has a RSSI port.

https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-tfr8s...r-w-s-bus.html
You could still use the Futaba RX, and use this small device which I designed In fact there is some RSSI (FER) information presented by default on the SBUS2 stream
http://shop.tje.dk/catalog/advanced_...?keywords=rssi

Quick Reply