Lunch Box fun, Tamiya Black Edition - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by KristofferR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 07, 2017, 12:19 PM
Discussion

Lunch Box fun, Tamiya Black Edition

I picked up a couple of Lunch Box kits at one of Hobbykingís sales. The idea was to let my kids in on the fun of building one of these.

We sat down a few nights on the kitchen table cutting parts and assembling the gearboxes and most of the chassis. I had ball bearings so they a full set. I did the suspension and steering, they finished off with the wheels. It is a pleasant and simple build thanks to excellent instructions and parts quality.

The Boxes kits came with motor and an ESC. Pretty neat. Only thing necessary is a servo, TX/RX and a battery - and paint, but you could run it Ēas isĒ in black plastic.

My radio choice is Traxxas TQi, because I have them. I had to order an extra RX. Servo is a JX metal gear. NiMH is leftovers from an old Kyosho RTR. XT60 connectors. I plan to use a 2s LiPO too.

Now there is just painting left to to and then assembling the body.
Last edited by KristofferR; Dec 07, 2017 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Picture comment
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply