DPL-8 And Bump Controller - "Lost Data Link" - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 07, 2017, 11:29 AM
Discussion

DPL-8 And Bump Controller - "Lost Data Link"

Hello,
Have a new DPL-8 with a Bump Controller that was previously used on a PL-8.
Setup works great, but it acts weird at times with strange screen activity and many (most) times after starting a charge on side 2 it will turn red and show 'lost data link'. The screen usually freezes before this and data does not update.

Any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2018, 02:42 AM
Tragic case
I just bought a new dual PowerLab 8 touch with integrated bump controller and right now I dislike it.

I get the “lost data link” error message on channel 1 regularly.

It won’t charge my brand new 12v 40 amp hour life field batteries giving me a bad cell count message. Yet the same battery charges fine on a cellpro 10xp as a 4s unbalanced a123 pack.

Maybe I’m new to it but it’s bugging the heck out of me. At this rate I’m going back to the less wonderful no longer in production but works every time thunderpower dual charger.
Apr 07, 2018, 09:11 AM
Just a shot in the dark, but maybe some noise filtering would help?
Apr 08, 2018, 05:14 AM
Tragic case
Can’t see why there should be much noise from a DC battery power supply.

Same thing happened at the field today. 4s 5000 pack gets the lost data link on channel 1 but charged on channel 2. I’ll do some more tests as time permits.
Apr 09, 2018, 06:39 PM
President, FMA, Inc.

Error 55

Hi Everybody:

I wanted readers of this thread to know that we are aware of the "Lost Data Link" issue in the PowerLab 8 Touch and Dual PowerLab 8 Touch models and we are working diligently to find the best solution at this time. The issue is related to input supply V and/or charge current settings. As a workaround until we have a solution available, you may find that reducing your input supply V to 24VDC or lower may help.

Sincerely,

Tim Marks
President
FMA, Inc.
Revolectrix Partner
Apr 12, 2018, 07:07 AM
I have the same problem with DPL8T. I hope you can manage it as soon as possible.
Mostly the first channel. Occasionally, it skips data views for example (CellV-CelIR)
A yellow alert screen will appear and then red (code - 55, Lost Data Link)
Attached Images
*** winter ***

Quick Reply