Dec 01, 2020, 02:21 PM
model aviation is not a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribars
I have not needed to charge my radio after leaving it on for almost 8 hours, still like 40%. But I guess that a power bank could be handy, or even charging using the usb in the car, if needed.

Thanks
Spektrum has a winner with the USB charging, it struck me odd at first but the flexibility very useful. Especially when binge flying
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2020, 06:56 PM
I suspect all new designs will use adopt it
The technology today is the reason
Very low voltage abd power requirements
The new NX 6 has one lonely round cell Li ion and it lasts for quite a while yet recharges quickly
Dec 02, 2020, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
I suspect all new designs will use adopt it
The technology today is the reason
Very low voltage abd power requirements
The new NX 6 has one lonely round cell Li ion and it lasts for quite a while yet recharges quickly
Doubt it new designs will adopt solar technology.
Dec 02, 2020, 04:39 AM
The land down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3d
Doubt it new designs will adopt solar technology.
Nope, not in small devices. Solar went the way of the dinosaur when watches and calculators used it.
Dec 02, 2020, 04:47 AM

One Time startup Announcement

I don't think this is an option, but has anyone figured out a way to have a one time announcement when the transmitter is powered on other than using a switch?

I know there's an option to put a picture of the model in the transmitter, but let's say I wanted an announcement telling me exactly what model is active.
Something like, "This is the F16 electric"

Thanks for any ideas.
Bob
Dec 02, 2020, 08:26 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71
Nope, not in small devices. Solar went the way of the dinosaur when watches and calculators used it.
Solar has come back, but as a solution at the charger level, not the device level. You solar charge your USB power bank and charge everything off that.

Just another reason why USB charge is the right choice
Dec 02, 2020, 12:04 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Solar has come back, but as a solution at the charger level, not the device level. You solar charge your USB power bank and charge everything off that.

Just another reason why USB charge is the right choice
I'm waiting for universal car roof solar.
Dec 02, 2020, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
I don't think this is an option, but has anyone figured out a way to have a one time announcement when the transmitter is powered on other than using a switch?

I know there's an option to put a picture of the model in the transmitter, but let's say I wanted an announcement telling me exactly what model is active.
Something like, "This is the F16 electric"

Thanks for any ideas.
Bob
Very possible
You type in that phrase and select the bind button as the selected switch ,when pushed
You can also use the throttle stick as selected switch
I have this setup on my 12 and it is a handy reminder
I need reminders now
My wife buys me pants which say “zip up” .
Dec 02, 2020, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Very possible
You type in that phrase and select the bind button as the selected switch ,when pushed
You can also use the throttle stick as selected switch
I have this setup on my 12 and it is a handy reminder
I need reminders now
My wife buys me pants which say “zip up” .
One nice feature of Spektrum (unless you turn it off) is model match - It won't let you try and fly the wrong plane - the TX just won't connect to the plane.
Dec 02, 2020, 04:54 PM
Good point.
I'm just so used to my "other" radio(s) announcing the model upon startup with no switch flipping.
It's mindless while I'm getting ready to fly.

Thanks, and take care
Bob
Dec 02, 2020, 04:57 PM
The Model Match works
But it can be deliberately skipped by binding two rx etc
The text to voice feature of the 12 and 20 is an excellent tool for making audible reminders which are linked to each model
It is my favorite feature on both radios
I see it as becoming a must have feature on all future designs
Dec 02, 2020, 05:01 PM
I understand all of that.
I was just wondering if there is some way to make one announcement upon startup without moving any switches.

Thanks
Bob
Dec 02, 2020, 05:18 PM
As the tx is being powered up?
No idea
The little bind button just takes a momentary tap to speakup
Dec 02, 2020, 05:26 PM
You could also put it in when you turn your throttle cut to throttle hot mode or on the switch that you use to start telemetry reporting. I don't have any 2 of my planes bound to the same plane selected plane in the TX so I don't worry about it. With 250 model memories the only time I would think you would do that is when you have 2 RX in the same plane and then it is a no issue anyway.
Dec 02, 2020, 06:23 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
I understand all of that.
I was just wondering if there is some way to make one announcement upon startup without moving any switches.

Thanks
Bob
Preflight Checklist.

You can make it say anything you want. Mine tells me if I have crossed trims and reminds me to check gear and flap switch positions, but it could just as well say the name of the model too.

(Generally I know which model I loaded).
Last edited by kallend; Dec 02, 2020 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply