New! Spektrum iX12 - Page 89 - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2018, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302
Little kids are the best except they grow up way too fast!
This is true. We had two of our grand kids, ages 7 and 9, do a “sleep over”
this past weekend and I was just grinning, ear-to-ear. Both spent time by
themselves, quietly reading fine-print books they received for Christmas.
They balanced this with some time in our spa, one-on-one time with
Grandma and Papa, plus a little bit of game time on their tablets. I’m so
proud of their parents!

At only 9, grand daughter is turning into a nice young lady. Grandson is
all boy and already asking good questions about RC stuff. He got a small
drone for Christmas and is already flying by himself (it has propeller
guards).

I didn’t fully realize how fun it is to be a grand parent until I became one!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2018, 05:08 PM
Ainít grandkids great, you can spoil the rotten, then send them home. Isnít revenge a super thing!

L.
Jan 01, 2018, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer
Ain’t grandkids great, you can spoil the rotten, then send them home. Isn’t revenge a super thing!

L.
And then ,one comes along who is tops in advanced math and her biological engineering classes
And just last year she was watching Bob the builder
SALUTE!
Last edited by richard hanson; Jan 01, 2018 at 07:28 PM.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:39 AM
We shall serve the Lord
I'm thinking it may have something to do with time warps. I'm pretty sure that I'm way too young to have a granddaughter graduating from college. Mechanical Engineering from A&M and already employed by capspire. I guess it must be true that successful grandkids are the direct result of wonderful Grand Parents!

McD

Here's a little something my son posted in plain sight when she was starting to date. Good Luck Andy!
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jan 02, 2018, 08:42 AM
Go Rangers
The photos from Horizon's web site for the iX12 make a nice wallpaper for a PC. That's my past present and future. This weather is making me go stir crazy already.
Jan 02, 2018, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
I'm thinking it may have something to do with time warps. I'm pretty sure that I'm way too young to have a granddaughter graduating from college. Mechanical Engineering from A&M and already employed by capspire. I guess it must be true that successful grandkids are the direct result of wonderful Grand Parents!
They had to get the smarts from somewhere.

else.

Andy
Jan 02, 2018, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
They had to get the smarts from somewhere.

else.

Andy
Cold. Just cold...
Jan 02, 2018, 09:48 AM
Team Spektrum FPV
I'm at the early side of the kid curve, my daughter is in the second grade, and she is getting big too quick! She is way ahead in math and reading. I let her see the iX12 and got it back a few seconds later with a timer named "Penny" (no reason that can't stay!).

She loves covering, the attached picture is her helping me cover the Dreamboat kit Andy laser cut for us, and she is becoming quite the talented little videographer too! I never thought I would have a use for that aweful dark pink ultracote my friend's widow gave me from his shop, but combined with a bit of bright pink ultracote, Penny is super jazzed to start covering our Aerostar 40 trainer (my first 4 channel trainer when I was in the 2nd grade).
Flying the Dreamboat off Lake Michigan! (0 min 52 sec)
Jan 02, 2018, 11:18 AM
How about a new thread about the iX12 and leave this one to reminiscing about the kids and grand kids. Can you people never stay on topic?

These threads now become uselessly long with all this off topic chatter.

We have a number of places specifically for it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/off-topic-discussion-206/

Bah Humbug
Jan 02, 2018, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer

McD

Here's a little something my son posted in plain sight when she was starting to date. Good Luck Andy!
EE from A&M myself!
Jan 02, 2018, 11:28 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2
How about a new thread about the iX12 and leave this one to reminiscing about the kids and grand kids. Can you people never stay on topic?

These threads now become uselessly long with all this off topic chatter.

We have a number of places specifically for it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/off-topic-discussion-206/

Bah Humbug
Uh oh, better run!
Jan 02, 2018, 12:23 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302
Uh oh, better run!
There is a reason why he is on my iggy list. Nothing wrong with injecting a bit of personal story on these threads. It makes Skeptrum all the more family oriented.
It's only Jan.2, let's be positive!
Jan 02, 2018, 12:41 PM
Back on track....I notice in the pic of the iX12 that there is no visible on/off sw. Where is it ?....I could peruse the manual again....but....
Jan 02, 2018, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo328
Back on track....I notice in the pic of the iX12 that there is no visible on/off sw. Where is it ?....I could peruse the manual again....but....
Its the big 1/0 button dead center middle.
Jan 02, 2018, 12:55 PM
I figure post #1335 isn't too late to say I've jumped on the bandwagon, and backordered an iX-12 so I can play, too....

Quick Reply