Oct 07, 2019, 07:41 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
Bumping this as no response as yet. Language issue please and what it the blinking blue light when charging I asked about also please
The blinking blue light is not new, just your taking notice of it is new. The user manual explains the light states. Blinking blue means it's taking a charge, if I recall. But the blinking blue is really hard to see when the orange TX bars are lit. And while I can't swear to it, I think it sometimes doesn't blink even though it is taking a charge.

I highly recommend any one of the 100s of USB Power Analyzer dongle things you can buy on Amazon, eBay or BangGood. With one of these, you can see exactly what the radio is drawing, if it's taking a charge, and even how much power it's drawn.

The radio maxes out at about 1.5A, but typically draws about 1A when charging. If the radio is off and the battery is charged, it draws almost no current at all.

As for the language changing problem, this is an Android issue, not an Airware issue. I spent about 10 minutes searching in different ways for possible examples of the problem you report, and I struck out. You need to go back through the set up process and make certain you've downloaded the module you think you've downloaded. On the off chance that there's some bizarre interaction with WiFi, turn WiFi off at home and then configure the voice you want, and see if it still changes when you get to the field.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2019, 08:14 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by trondb
Took the battery out of the radio and charged it full , but still the same. Won`t boot any more. Now it`s returned to my seller for check/replacement
Charged to what voltage(when you say fully)?
Oct 08, 2019, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
Charged to what voltage(when you say fully)?
Used my charger with setting for 1S lithium ion, belive it cuts about 4.1v when fully charged.
Oct 08, 2019, 11:44 PM
Eye of The Storm
I took my iX12 and two mini quads to the first indoor flying session of the year. It is a 2-hour block but I spent the first 50 minutes trying to get my screen to function. It was totally black! When I left the house earlier in the day, the voltage on the screen was 4.1 and the transmitter was shut off for 5 hours. I saw it powering down. I get to the gym to fly and I'm greeted with low voltage alarms. I thought I'd shut it down and rob a few minutes off the school's power while kicking myself for not bringing my DX8 along. The battery had to be pulled twice to get the damn thing to come to life. I'm trying to fly the one quad with no trims so that wasn't any fun. Once again I powered it down, removed the battery, and started it back up just to change the damn model. Three frustrating flights and it was time to pack up. Man, time flies when you are having problems.
Oct 09, 2019, 09:01 PM
Closed Account
How do I remove google account on my transmitter? Much appreciate the info. Thanks.
Oct 09, 2019, 10:10 PM
You go to your google account on the web and remove the ix12 device from the list of authorized devices. Then go to "Accounts" in the control panel and delete Google.

If you're doing this in preparation for selling the ix12 you should also do a factory reset.
Oct 10, 2019, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the iX12 as a bluetooth controller on android? How about while connected via USB?
Oct 10, 2019, 04:53 PM
Electron Whisperer
Not that I have had any issue- but I take a 20,000mah battery unit with me to recharge my TX if it was to have issues. it boosts pretty well in 30 minutes at 2.1A port. Also bought a spare battery from Horizon and will swap them out every 6 months so they stay charged and I have it with me in case of what BenHur had (sounds like he needs to send his in though)
Oct 10, 2019, 04:54 PM
Electron Whisperer
Did same with my DX9, even though it was my FB that kept leaving radio on...haha. I gifted him the spare battery when I sold my DX9.
Oct 10, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigone5500
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the iX12 as a bluetooth controller on android? How about while connected via USB?
No, it's not. But you can get a USB DSMX receiver and plug that in to your PC to use the TX for game control (of some but not all games). Works fine for many flight sims, for example.
Oct 14, 2019, 07:22 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!

Models loosing bind

I searched for this and didn't find any threads.

I've had the radio in operation for less than a year and had one major hiccup where it locked-up and I had to re-install airware and reload several of the models I didn't back-up. Now this happened when I was on a marathon session adding/binding models .......but it never happened since.

Now this issue has happened about four times where a model that was working fine suddenly looses its bind when I load it up to fly. Happened again yesterday and I flew that same model a week earlier.

I am up to date on firmware.
I can't be certain on the other times this happened but this time I added five new models since I flew the suspect model.

Anyone else experience this issue?
Oct 15, 2019, 01:05 PM

How to Reset the Ix12 to Sell?

Planning on selling my "impulse "buy of the IX12 and wonder how to reset unit for a new user?
Also, was there a paper manual in the box?
Thanks
Oct 15, 2019, 02:31 PM
No bounce, No play.
No paper manual.

Go into Android settings and do factory reset for re-sale.

Then go to your Google account and delete iX12 as a "connected " device.
Oct 15, 2019, 09:20 PM
Flyin Time
You also need to deregister it off your Spektrum account
Oct 16, 2019, 04:22 PM
Dare to Inspire
Has anyone loosened their gimbals further than the adjustment on the front end? It seems like it barely loosened the spring and it's still really tight, nowhere near as loose as I got my DX8. Next step will be opening it up, but wondering if there's any trick to it.

Quick Reply