May 14, 2019, 03:40 PM
I'm on the newest FW and zero issues. I guess the vario bug will be there but since I switched to the ar410 in my dlg's I no longer can use one.

But nothing else weird going on with mine, still runs sweetly.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2019, 12:23 AM
i am not sure if it was discussed before: anyone using full image backup of the iX12? which tool and experiences?

Ciao
Michael
May 15, 2019, 07:14 AM
The model change speed is a nice improvement. I’ve had a number of new errors I hadn’t seen before. The attached picture happened a few times. I believe it’s the underlying code being displayed in the variable for that button. Which can’t be good. But it kept on working and went away.
May 15, 2019, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
The model change speed is a nice improvement.
What's the sequence to change models? I ask because I see no improvement on mine.

Gene K
May 15, 2019, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
What's the sequence to change models? I ask because I see no improvement on mine.

Gene K
You move the model from home screen to exchange it --or, to make changes on it
The exchange (simply change models )
I use this :
Long press (I get a quick vibe ) and the home screen model switches into the MODEL EXCHANGE SCREEN
Next, press to select (highlight) the new choice of models
press PROCEED
SWITCHING MODELS spinning wheel turns during processing
switch occurs
selected model now appears at home screen
That's it
Time?
apparently it varies a bit - Under 15 seconds for any of mine
Last edited by richard hanson; May 15, 2019 at 10:37 AM.
May 15, 2019, 09:43 AM
Thanks, Richard! (I didn't get the memo on the Quick Change)

Gene K
May 15, 2019, 10:32 AM
We have had rain and rain ,so I have plenty of time to simply poke n try and watch n see.
My take on this tx is that familiarization with Android touch screen applications, is likely the most important part of of the learning curve
I knew how the DX txs arranged things, so I just looked to see where and how the same type functional changes occurred.
For many computer users very straightforward.
My granddaughter zips right thru this stuff
History seems to repeat itself
When I was designing industrial ,automated machinery for skinning
Dinosaurs, the most prevalent question was in mechanics knowing when the machines were operating correctly.
The time for sequences to initiate then complete was important in knowing if and where a problem may exist
Last edited by richard hanson; May 15, 2019 at 10:53 AM.
May 15, 2019, 01:12 PM
Dare to Inspire
Ordered mine on Sunday and it arrive Today, pretty fast shipping. Haven't checked FW but it feels pretty snappy. Boots up in around a minute and half, and the quick sleep on/off is almost instantaneous.

Really excited to see how it goes, hopefully no bugs or glitches
May 15, 2019, 08:52 PM
34 years of flight.
flew my new Cap 232ex today, my Timber x, tricopter and used the IX12 as a buddy box radio for the Clipped wing cub with my DX8 as the master flew i think about 12 flights all were perfect, the telemetry in my timber x was working perfect. i plan to go telemetry on all my stuff.
May 16, 2019, 07:37 PM

latest firmware version

What is the latest firmware version for the ix12?
Bill
May 16, 2019, 07:41 PM

Setting up a "delta wing"?

I'm having difficulty setting up a "delta wing"...I have no ailerons, 1 rudder servo, and split elevator/elevons. I can get the elevons to work and the rudder but no matter which wing and tail set up I select I get only 1 half of the elevators to work.
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Sorry for duplicate post!
Last edited by billd3; May 16, 2019 at 08:03 PM. Reason: delete duplicate post
May 16, 2019, 07:45 PM

How do I set up a "delta wing"?

I'm having difficulty setting up a "delta wing"...I have no ailerons, 1 rudder servo, and split elevator/elevons. I can get the elevons to work and the rudder but no matter which wing and tail set up I select I get only 1 half of the elevators to work.
Thanks in advance,
Bill
May 16, 2019, 07:57 PM

Wi-Fi connection problem SOLVED

...Yippee. To those who were trying to help me connect to Wi-Fi on pg.678, I finally got my Wi-Fi connection working. I talked to an "expert" at Horizon, and a level2 technician at my ISP and got ZERO help...I then thought about it and I decided to try to REBOOT my Airware software. I pushed the reboot button but nothing happened , so in frustration I pushed the button multiple times and my Tx. just locked up: NOTHING WORKED -frozen screen. I walked away and returned in about an hour and tried to turn the Tx. off and it did power off this time. I then followed the power-up sequence and opened the Wi-Fi screen and it immediately and automatically connected...It works fine now.
Go figure, huh?
Bill
May 16, 2019, 08:32 PM
Good show
Computers in general, do not respond to repeated input commands
Been there
The iX12 is no exception
If it freezes for some unknown reason, set it aside. For a while
Likely , it will recover and you can continue
It has to complete and clear last process
May 16, 2019, 09:00 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Quote:
I pushed the reboot button but nothing happened
That's because there is no "reboot button". There's a power button. If you want to turn off the display, hit it once quickly. If you want to put the radio to sleep, hit it 2x quickly and choose the sleep option in the window that pops up. If you want to power the radio down or reboot the radio, you have to *hold* the button until the power/reboot menu pops up, and then choose "reboot" on the touch screen.

Quick Reply