Jun 27, 2019, 07:03 PM
This is version 1.08.02, not 1.05.03.

Do you know how to do a manual check for updates in Android?

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2019, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
This is version 1.08.02, not 1.05.03.

Do you know how to do a manual check for updates in Android?

Andy
Yup. Playstore/my apps and games/updates. Wifi on, no updates available.
Last edited by stuka; Jun 27, 2019 at 08:15 PM.
Jun 27, 2019, 08:49 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
This can happen if the Play Store doesn't realize or remember that Airware is installed. You have to go find Airware as if you're intending to download it from scratch, but when you do the button will say "UPDATE" instead of "DOWNLOAD" (or at least, it should).
Jun 28, 2019, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
This can happen if the Play Store doesn't realize or remember that Airware is installed. You have to go find Airware as if you're intending to download it from scratch, but when you do the button will say "UPDATE" instead of "DOWNLOAD" (or at least, it should).
That was it, Thanks. Updated fine.
Jun 28, 2019, 08:12 AM
Here’s what happened with my iX12 after this new update. Everything was working fine before the update. I’m back in business so this is just FYI.

Rebooted after the channel processor update. Looked good. Changed to a different model which took a very long time and ended with a black screen with no response. Waited 10 minutes and nothing. I killed Airware and rebooted. Then it was stuck on the falling Spektrum logo. Wouldn’t get past it. Waited 30 minutes. I saw no choice but to pull the battery. Plugging the battery back in brought me back to the falling Spektrum logo and then got the “Android is starting….” screen/Optimizing apps. That took 35 minutes. After that Airware started up ok. After the 3rd model change, Airware stopped on a black screen again. I responded Yes to the prompt to restart Airware. I then got a “Model mismatch encountered” prompt but it made it to the main screen. I cleared the app cache and rebooted. WiFi was already off. It started fine. I changed models 5 times with no problems. And the model changes are much faster now.

It’s seems to always be an adventure for me with this radio. But I still love it.
Jun 28, 2019, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Channel processor
So what does your cryptic "...be aware!" mean to someone (like me ) who didn't even know what a CP was/is (thanks Andy)?

Gene K
Jun 28, 2019, 02:09 PM
Ok guys just got a new ix12 and read thru the charging instructions and I'm unable to get this thing to charge. Any trick I'm missing ?? Battery is plugged in. power outlet is hot and usb is inserted correctly. Any ideas ??

Thanks,
Jun 28, 2019, 03:03 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
So what does your cryptic "...be aware!" mean to someone (like me ) who didn't even know what a CP was/is (thanks Andy)?

Gene K
I have no idea to what your question refers.
Jun 28, 2019, 03:11 PM
He's referring to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2004
1.08.02 looks like Vario fixes and telemetry. Plus I needed the czech translations...lol
CP update after power off/on cycle- be aware!
I read it as "take note - this is the right way to do it."

Andy
Jun 28, 2019, 05:11 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternhead
Ok guys just got a new ix12 and read thru the charging instructions and I'm unable to get this thing to charge. Any trick I'm missing ?? Battery is plugged in. power outlet is hot and usb is inserted correctly. Any ideas ??

Thanks,
How do you know it's not charging? With the USB plugged in, hit the power button once and the battery-charging-image should pop up on the display. If it does, it's charging. If nothing happens, try a different wall wart and cable. There's nothing special about the ix12 charger. You could use a USB port on a PC if you wanted to. If none of that works, check to make certain the battery is plugged in (and the right way around) then try all the above again. And if that doesn't work, you probably need an RMA.
Jun 28, 2019, 08:36 PM
Since nothing worked per instructions I removed the battery and reseated but no luck. Pulled out my voltmeter and bingo battery is dead as a door nail. I got back with my LHS where I purchased and he will swap me radios with another new one he has avail. Super service on his part as he could have made me fend for myself getting it fixed.
Jun 28, 2019, 10:22 PM
Flyin Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternhead
Since nothing worked per instructions I removed the battery and reseated but no luck. Pulled out my voltmeter and bingo battery is dead as a door nail. I got back with my LHS where I purchased and he will swap me radios with another new one he has avail. Super service on his part as he could have made me fend for myself getting it fixed.
That would be the worst thing a LHS could try to do. I have always believed that if a person has a problem with a product in the first 2 weeks, the retailer needs to deal with it immediately.
Jun 29, 2019, 12:00 AM
Team Mulikow
Speed2004.....Sorry my bad....when I said reboot....I meant a complete shut down.
Jun 29, 2019, 03:39 AM
No bounce, No play.
Use Soft Boot or Hard Boot to differentiate
Jun 29, 2019, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
I have no idea to what your question refers.
Sorry - I was referring to the post by speed20049 (not you) in which he said
Quote:
CP update after power off/on cycle- be aware!
Gene K

Quick Reply