Jun 22, 2019, 06:22 AM
No bounce, No play.
Rx refuse to listen if not matched appropriately. Tx just keeps sending.

Even if no bind has yet been carried out on a model slot, it is transmitting.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2019, 07:00 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
FrSky (Horus) - they have the cost advantage, okay hardware, good receivers, great functionality, and I've always liked OpenTX
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=834457
Jun 22, 2019, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
That thread is pretty dated in terms of the Spektrum comments. People complaining about sticky throttle sticks and the like - issues that were fixed a while back. Yes, though, I do like OpenTX, just not FrSky's current transmitter offerings. (reverse left out what I don't like. No doubt others here will be completely shocked by this. )
Jun 22, 2019, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliant
I am just an interested bystander but I thought that was how model match worked. The tx does know about the new bind to a different rx so effectively refuses to speak to the previous rx - is that not how it works?
That's not at all how it works. I've explained this a number of times over the past 10 years, Julian. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on it earlier.

The transmitter doesn't know which receiver it's talking to. It knows the class and protocol that it needs to use.

The receiver, otoh, needs to know to listen to only 1 transmitter.

Think of one of our receiver systems which has a base portion and one or more remote, such as an AR636. The AR636 works just fine by itself when bound. When you plug in an optional remote receiver and bind, both the base and the remote are blinking. That's because they are two separate receivers. One is the master (base) and the other is a slave (remote). The slave receiver is eavesdropping on the negotiations between the transmitter and the master receiver, and then configures itself to work the same way.

If you have a different AR636 and you bind it to the same model in the transmitter, the class is the same and the protocol (negotiated stuff) is the same as before because it's the same type of receiver. So now the transmitter is speaking the same language.

If you plug the first remote receiver into the second AR636, it will be listening to the same transmitter as it had with the first AR636, and will light up and send data to the base. Turn on the first AR636 and now it will light up too, because the two receivers are listening for the same transmitter/model which is speaking the same protocol.

Being able to be bound to multiple receivers (in one direction) is ESSENTIAL to having multiple receiver systems (ie, remote receivers).

It also gives the ability to have multiple base receivers in a model. People doing giant models often have one receiver running things in the fuselage, and another running things in the wings. The only thing they share is power, and sometimes they don't even share that.

Another example (one I've used before, which might help you track down prior explanations) is having a receiver in a float so that you don't need a wire running from the fuselage into the float to control the water rudder.

What Model Match DOES do it act like a totally different transmitter when you have a different MODEL selected. With the example above, you will note that I said you had to bind to the same model in the same transmitter. If you bound to a different model, the receivers would not hear anything. That's the difference vs. other brands. You bind a receiver to a transmitter with them; with us you bind receiver(s) to specific models in the transmitter.

This is really handy for things like UMX planes, which often use the exact same configuration in the transmitter. Rather than having a different model for each UMX model, you simply bind them all to the same one and save model slots (not like you have any shortage with 250 models we support today, but back when it was 10 or 20 or 30 it was handy).

Andy
Jun 22, 2019, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoyz
Correct....two models, bound at different times are both currently bound to the same model memory slot. I always thought that when you bound a current model slot to a new receiver that the bind to any old model was deleted / overwritten.

Like a previous poster had stated I was aware that you can bind two receivers to the same model slot however whenever I'd done that I put both receivers into bind mode at the same time. I assumed that if I did one, and then the another that the first one would be discarded once a new receiver was bound.
Remember The old quip “Just because you can, it does not mean you should”?
Model Match used asit is recommended , could save a model
After a new model is completed, you should rebind , after it is all setup.
Suppose a second , identical model is bound to the same tx slot
Will changes made to one, affect the other?
What’s the chances you might forget?
Of course, experts don’t forget forget.
I swap Rx around and sometimes just grab a new model ACRO, and skip naming it
Then forget which test set up that ACRO was
Bad idea
Last edited by richard hanson; Jun 22, 2019 at 09:21 AM.
Jun 22, 2019, 10:25 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Remember The old quip “Just because you can, it does not mean you should”?
Model Match used asit is recommended , could save a model
After a new model is completed, you should rebind , after it is all setup.
Suppose a second , identical model is bound to the same tx slot
Will changes made to one, affect the other?
What’s the chances you might forget?
Of course, experts don’t forget forget.
I swap Rx around and sometimes just grab a new model ACRO, and skip naming it
Then forget which test set up that ACRO was
Bad idea
I have two identical F-104s, each bound to different Tx.

I have two identical Eurofighters, each bound to a different Tx.

Very hard to make a mistake if I change the set-up on one and not the other,
Jun 22, 2019, 04:56 PM
I have two DX9
I put a big W on the black one and a big B on the white one so I don’t confuse em
Last edited by richard hanson; Jun 22, 2019 at 11:27 PM.
Jun 22, 2019, 07:57 PM
OK, another question, and yes I read the freaking manual Its says to put the tx in to sleep mode to double press the power button to bring up the sleep menu. However, the only way I've gotten to the sleep menus is thru the model page/model setup. i.e. the double tap doesn't work. App is up to date.
And thanks to input here, I did get the telemetry and rx bound via the y connector suggestion. Worked like a charm.
Jun 22, 2019, 08:24 PM
Try this
From home screen setting, using thumb , do two pushes as quickly as you can on power button
Jun 22, 2019, 08:32 PM
Read the change log too. It covers things that came along after the manual.

Andy
Jun 22, 2019, 09:13 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
If you press the power button and the display turns off, you didn't press quickly enough. Then, you have to do two of those presses in quick succession. Like double-clicking a mouse button.
Jun 23, 2019, 07:36 PM
The rapid double click did. it Too slow in my old age before.thanks for the advise.
FWIW, an anomaly showed after I powered down to charge. On power up, I found the model in memory had faulty trims and other settings. Faults corrected after shutting down and rebooting.
Anyone else notice this.
Jun 24, 2019, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka
The rapid double click did. it Too slow in my old age before.thanks for the advise.
FWIW, an anomaly showed after I powered down to charge. On power up, I found the model in memory had faulty trims and other settings. Faults corrected after shutting down and rebooting.
Anyone else notice this.
Has happened to me as well. Everything on the current model at power-up was lost. Hasn't happened in a few weeks though but I make sure to always carry the SD card with backups in the TX case now.
Jun 24, 2019, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icpirate3
Has happened to me as well. Everything on the current model at power-up was lost. Hasn't happened in a few weeks though but I make sure to always carry the SD card with backups in the TX case now.
Dont think I"ll be getting rid of my DX9 very soon.
Jun 24, 2019, 09:59 AM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Just ran my new back up dx9/bb with the IX12 for training wireless this weekend, worked seamlessly, really sweet. I just keep the SD card plugged in ( I'm not having any battery life issues) When I make a new plane just back up to the card.
In changing over from one of my older planes from 72mhz to 2.4 I neglected to ck the trim and throws prior to pulling the old receiver, might have moved the cg slightly as well in rearranging stuff (should have taken the time to put it back and check, hind-site so ez ). She went into a stall soon after taking flight, could not save it I figured I could trim her up in the air , nope not sure if I'll fix the mig15 as shes a bit dated, likely looking at it will get me to start the surgical process. . First crash with the IX, all my fault, guess she is christened.

Quick Reply