May 20, 2019, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy
I have not updated my iX12 yet. From the general postings it appears that some people are having issues after the update and some are not. I am guessing that some of the people that are not having problems after the update are just not posting. I don't see how but does anyone know of a way to setup a simple poll to ask - if you have updated to the latest version of firmware are you have a problem with your TX working correctly - Yes or No. I have updated my backup ix12 but have only used it in setting up a backup plane so I don't really have much time on trying things. Are having several events coming up in the 30 days and don't want my primary TX to be back at HH getting fixed. If anyone knows how to setup a poll I would really appreciated your efforts.
I have the latest update and do not (knock on wood!) have any issues thankfully. I am enjoying this transmitter, but I still have my DX9 just in case!
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2019, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfinator81
I have the latest update and do not (knock on wood!) have any issues thankfully. I am enjoying this transmitter, but I still have my DX9 just in case!
Do you use vario and other features mentioned which causes problems?
My advise is.... Do not update to latest software. Before the update I was really only sad about the vario sound. But now it is even worse and completely useless.
May 20, 2019, 02:45 PM
I called horizon about this issue, they now want me to ship my radio back to them so they can see it first hand...
May 20, 2019, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tporter416
I called horizon about this issue, they now want me to ship my radio back to them so they can see it first hand...
I managed to fix it myself. The last model I used I had turned on logging, a lot, that file was about 1.2MB. When I deleted that file I found I could switch among all models except the first one I had tried to switch to today. I deleted that model and re-imported it from my backups. That model now works as well and all is good...

If you have an iX12, I would strongly recommend backing your models up frequently....
May 21, 2019, 12:04 PM
at least i now have a 1st idea on how the telemetry alarm values have been screwed up: i made a backup of all models directly before and after the update and stored it away.

i just have compared a recent backup of yesterday to the first after the update... and look what has happened: before the update, i.e. my Esc Max FET temp was set to 70C and the first saved file after the update contained the number values 70.0 as "Thrashold" (sic!)... but as can be seen with the recent updates... the file should be containing a numeric value of 158.0 (which is F). so i suppose the .ispm files do contain US units even the displayed values are metric... then converted on use. and tadaaaaa => 70F will give you the crazy 21C i've seen after the update. so this is a real simple (&st...d) migration error in the .ispm file not respecting the unit settings.

Ciao
Michael
May 21, 2019, 12:49 PM

White screen in vario

When i press Model Setup - Telemetry - Vario, i get white screen.... Anyone know why...
The app stops running!!!
No problems before update.

Best Regards
Lars
Denmark
May 21, 2019, 02:18 PM
I told you not to update! 😁
May 21, 2019, 04:16 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Mine still working well but I needed a buddy box. Decided to get a DX9 as a BB and as a back up TX in case all gets lost. Think I'll wait on the latest update.
** This now means a newer , better, cheaper DX9 will be released and day now **
May 21, 2019, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.frankenjet
Mine still working well but I needed a buddy box. Decided to get a DX9 as a BB and as a back up TX in case all gets lost. Think I'll wait on the latest update.
Members of my RC club bought six new DX9's this year, several have the iX12's.
May 21, 2019, 06:26 PM

Backup to a new radio

Whilst I understand the buddy box part the 'backup' that we are having to resort to is ridiculous. So many stories of folks seeking out second hand DX9's for this exact reason and Spektrum isn't held to account.

Considering buying a new car? But I'll likely buy another as a 'backup' Or a new computer, or anything - where would this be cool / acceptable or remotely OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.frankenjet
May 21, 2019, 06:45 PM
I just backed up mine to my Taranis.....

My IX12 was running fine, but then I never dared try to use the vario for launch height practice with my dlg's after reading what happens.

Surely the IX12 team would of had to try the vario after the update to check the tones were working? how would the fact it still doesn't seem to be working not get picked up? how can something so simple be missed? Doesn't fill me with confidence. sorry.

This has gotta hurt the sales of the next IX radio even before it's launched?, or maybe we all just like new stuff enough that we'll all still be jumping on it.
May 21, 2019, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksterr
Whilst I understand the buddy box part the 'backup' that we are having to resort to is ridiculous. So many stories of folks seeking out second hand DX9's for this exact reason and Spektrum isn't held to account.

Considering buying a new car? But I'll likely buy another as a 'backup' Or a new computer, or anything - where would this be cool / acceptable or remotely OK?
There are issues where the transmitter might be dropped, bounced off the floor, dinged and so on. It doesn't have to be a Spektrum failure as such.

I do have three computers in my home, two older units retained as backups. Got way to many files to risk total loss. One issue now days is that "ransomware" some people are resorting to. I got hit with that ransomware several years ago, and had to buy a brand new computer.
May 21, 2019, 07:28 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
The TX has yet let to let me down, sometimes a little buggy, 1 redo but no show stoppers. I did need a spectrum BB and the DX9 serves that dual purpose, I'm really surprised of the price on the DX. Hardly worth buying one used, guess they are holding their value pretty well. The IX was a good value but I did not anticipate spending 1k on TX gear.

EDIT: thumbing around the DX9, really like the nav and feel of the IX better, more so than I thought I would.(the IX was my first spectrum)
Last edited by Mr.frankenjet; May 21, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
May 21, 2019, 07:57 PM
I can fix that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bee
Mine beeps for no apparent reason as well.
Did you find out why yours beeped?
I don't have mine in front of me, right now. It is off for repairs...
Most of my random beeps were due to audio events, that I believe were trim reports (somebody please correct me here!).
The three at the bottom, that are off the screen, are for the sliders on the back, and the knob.
Mine were turned on, in all my models by default. Set them to "None".
May 21, 2019, 11:45 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
The random beeps are the center tones for the rear rotary sliders. Even if you never touch them, sometimes they just beep. Turn off that audio setting.

Quick Reply