Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 10, 2019, 08:10 PM
Yup. That's why we contacted Mike several months before the radio was announced.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2019, 02:55 AM
Hello,

As I wrote sometime ago I am trying to make it working on Android. But unfortunately it was very slow. Forunately I have found solution to make it faster. But now I'm stuck to find any good and fast graph builder for Android that can be used to show graphics.

I'm not the best Android developer so it takes so long time.
Mar 11, 2019, 10:40 AM
They all come down
Quote:
Originally Posted by btframework
Hello,

As I wrote sometime ago I am trying to make it working on Android. But unfortunately it was very slow. Forunately I have found solution to make it faster. But now I'm stuck to find any good and fast graph builder for Android that can be used to show graphics.

I'm not the best Android developer so it takes so long time.
Never mind, if I know something is in the pipeline I'm patient.
Mar 11, 2019, 06:19 PM
Souped up my 12
Figured it adds about 12 ft to the range
Mar 11, 2019, 11:28 PM
29 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Souped up my 12
Looks nice, I ended up getting a good deal on a ix12 that was a "open box special" and so I will be a new ix12 user in a week or so. can't wait.. why are there so many haters for this radio? or I should say Spek period? I just looked at my counters on my DX6 and DX8 between the two i have 184 hours on them, never a crash between the two (okay one crash with my DX8 but it was my fault. ( lesson learned don't fly other peoples lipos you know nothing about)
I had purchased a Horus, but when i found the IX12 i jumped on it so the Horus is up for sale. pretty bad not even got in the mail yet. lol was hoping the vendor would let me return it un opened but doesn't look like they are.

Any tips/tricks for the Ix12? I watched bunch of the videos today i know how to register it, set up google on it update to the current firmware of it. change the text to speech voice if i want. and how to load pictures onto it. My plan is just to take my SD card i use in my DX8 and DX6 and transfer all my current models over to the ix12 Hope that will work out okay seen one video the guy had some issues but didn't say why other then maybe a SD card issue. what is the largest card the IX12 can take? I already seen not to leave the card in it cause it can drain the battery faster.
Mar 12, 2019, 12:28 AM
Flyin Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
I already seen not to leave the card in it cause it can drain the battery faster.
I'm not sure mine drains with the card left in it. I've had my IX12 about 2 weeks now and it seems to keep a good charge for a good amount of time. I did notice that if I charge the battery with the card in, the next morning the blue light is still flashing and apparently still charging. If I take the card out, the next morning the blue light will be out and then I put the card back in and leave it in.
Mar 12, 2019, 02:56 AM
The reason for so many haters is cause people like to follow the crowd like sheep, it’s quite fascinating how much control you can have over another adult. You only have to look at the media and tv to see this. Even word of mouth seems to work ‘oh I heard my mate crashed 2 planes on spektrum so it must be bad’, these same people also don’t know their brownouts from their tip stalls.

Also, poor workers like to blame their tools. No one will ever admit to tip stalling or dumb thumbing a plane in when they can easily blame the equipment.
Mar 12, 2019, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Souped up my 12
With my luck, I'd only get another 6 ft of range....
Mar 12, 2019, 08:51 AM
Well I remember how much faster my old Ford was with new seat covers
Just optimistic--
Mar 12, 2019, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSteeve
I'm not sure mine drains with the card left in it. I've had my IX12 about 2 weeks now and it seems to keep a good charge for a good amount of time. I did notice that if I charge the battery with the card in, the next morning the blue light is still flashing and apparently still charging. If I take the card out, the next morning the blue light will be out and then I put the card back in and leave it in.
Oh alright, maybe one of the updates fixed it so it doesn't drain with it? I know the videos I were watching most were from when it first came out, they have had at least one update on the sleep mode of it i know.. They showed in the video if you try to sleep it with the card in it , it would even pop up telling you the card being in it would use more battery life? maybe yours doesn't do that with the current update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
The reason for so many haters is cause people like to follow the crowd like sheep, itís quite fascinating how much control you can have over another adult. You only have to look at the media and tv to see this. Even word of mouth seems to work Ďoh I heard my mate crashed 2 planes on spektrum so it must be badí, these same people also donít know their brownouts from their tip stalls.

Also, poor workers like to blame their tools. No one will ever admit to tip stalling or dumb thumbing a plane in when they can easily blame the equipment.
That is so true, i feel like people often crash cause of a dead rx pack or crappy install job ( antenna not in good location) then they blame anything besides themselves. )
This is the Internet and NET is real and lots of folks i think just try to get other people to believe anything they can. You can't tell me the DX series are bad when ive been a long time supporter of them. I wouldn't still be flying them if i had had all the issues others say they have.
Mar 12, 2019, 05:06 PM

Have not seen this before

I have had my iX12 for almost a year and recently installed the latest update and have been using it almost every day setting up a couple new planes. When I went to put it to sleep today I got the message in the photo. Says I need to activate the lock screen. What is this all about? I have tried several times, rebooted but still getting the same message. Do I activate this? If so what does it mean?

Also, while setting up a new plane I have noticed that the right side of the display seems to be warmer to the touch than the left side. Don't remember this in the past.

Any thoughts on either of these issues ?
Last edited by Flyindy; Mar 12, 2019 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added more information
Mar 12, 2019, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy
I have had my iX12 for almost a year and recently installed the latest update and have been using it almost every day setting up a couple new planes. When I went to put it to sleep today I got the message in the photo. Says I need to activate the lock screen. What is this all about? I have tried several times, rebooted but still getting the same message. Do I activate this? If so what does it mean?

Also, while setting up a new plane I have noticed that the right side of the display seems to be warmer to the touch than the left side. Don't remember this in the past.

I have no clue since i don't have mine yet, Screen being warm, maybe just the LED getting a little warm? i know my cell phone gets warm sometimes in my pocket. Figured someone would had answered by now guess this thread has really slow down.
Mar 12, 2019, 11:19 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
haven't noticed the screen getting warm here
Mar 13, 2019, 12:04 AM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy

Activate it. Airware needs this permission to turn off the display for sleep mode. I can't say why it's suddenly asking, at a guess, the permission was reset by something. Perhaps another update for another piece of software. Either way, should be no harm in allowing it. You shouldn't have a lock screen (defined as a screen that requires a password/pin/pattern to unlock Android) enabled so it can't really do anything but turn off the display.
Mar 13, 2019, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8
In post #8361, (2018/11/01) a bug was uncovered that I have too:

I am running Airware version 1.06.02 and I think that is most current.

Is there an ETA for a new version that fixes this?

My setup is 2 helicopters with MSH Brain2 flybarless controller (3.2.018), Spektrum SPM4649T (v1.1.10) and Castle Creations Edge HV with CLL.

Just like on the DX9 and DX18, there are 2 telemetry sensors in the iX12 for RPM:
In the <Model Setup> => <Telemetry> => <ESC>, changing the value for "Poles" is possible, but (only on the iX12) not "Ratio"
In the <Model Setup> => <Telemetry> => <RPM>, changing the value in "Poles" and "Ratio" is possible.

The iX12 telemetry displays the "RPM" values that come from registers in the Brain2.
The Brain2 calculates the RPM from the governor sensor (white wire from the CC Edge) and send to the iX12. This needs a "Ratio = 10" and "Poles = INH".
Basically the value that the Brain2 sends to the iX12 needs to be ų10 to be accurate on the iX12, DX9 and DX18.

The "ESC" RPM comes back from the CC Edge through the CLL data stream (on the throttle lead) and is calculated in the ECS before it is sent to the Brain2. Then , the Brain2 sends it down to the iX12.
Because it is coming from the ESC, the DX9, DX18 and iX12 need to have an accurate pole-count and gear ratio ("Poles = 5" and "Ratio = 5.1")

This worked fine in the DX9 and DX18 (I have both) and I've been told it works fine in the DX8 G2.

There are currently 621 pages on this FAQ and I may have missed the one reply that answers this question.

Thanks
Hi,

as there is still NO soltution for this bug, i only can tell you what i've done to get out of this situation:

1. last weekend i visited the "Rotor Live"... one of Germany's most important fair for our hobby... especially for helis. i had my (most likely) future Tx in hands, that will give me solutions for all the questions we (heli pilots, but not only) are asking. what a difference... wow.

2. my "solution" for the moment is: i exported the model, downloaded it to PC, opened the ispm file with a programmers editor (i.e. Ultraedit, that for sure does not destroy the file simply by open&save), searched for the gear ratio text (i.e. "Ratio":8.15, in some ispm i found it 2 times) and carefully replaced the gear ratio only, saved it as a copy and imported this file as a new model. then re-bound to the new model and carefully checked all settings. it worked for me with 2 helis... but be carefull not to destroy the file and have your heli out of control. this may be dangerous.

i know this is not a real solution... absolutely not usable during initial setup or when playing with motors & gear ratios on the field... but for me the only way to have this airware bug fixed for the moment and get correct telemetry headspeed readings... as the replacement of the Tx is not done in some days (5 helis to be adapted... all RXs, TM1000s & ESCs to be replaced) i was in urgent need of an "transition plan B"

Ciao
Michael

Quick Reply