Apr 14, 2018, 06:06 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
It is a function of the Android OS, not AirWare. It's possible AirWare is corrupting something in cache, and that triggers the rebuild next time you restart. But it's as likely it's just an Android glitch. And there's no easy way to tell unless you find a specific sequence that always makes it happen...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2018, 06:35 PM
AMA LM CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
It is a function of the Android OS, not AirWare. It's possible AirWare is corrupting something in cache, and that triggers the rebuild next time you restart. But it's as likely it's just an Android glitch. And there's no easy way to tell unless you find a specific sequence that always makes it happen...
Agree. My android phone will do this randomly. Its just Android doing its thing, fixing files.
Apr 14, 2018, 06:57 PM
Here's something not to do with your iX12. I'm having trouble getting this engine to run right and got my friend to help. He says give me the transmitter so he could work the throttle. Not a good place to put your radio. The left side of it got covered pretty good with the oil coming out of that muffler. I was taking a movie to send to the place I got the ignition from. So we'll see how well it stands up to Klotz racing oil and Mobil high test.
Apr 15, 2018, 05:55 AM

ix12

OK Dumb question: received my ix12 yesterday and firmware is a level 2.0.55 How do I update it ?
Thanks Larry
Apr 15, 2018, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch96
OK Dumb question: received my ix12 yesterday and firmware is a level 2.0.55 How do I update it ?

Thanks Larry

Hi Larry,

Spectrum have made a series of videos- all available on YouTube. I would suggest that you take a look at them. There will be one specifically for updates however all are of value.

If you arenít familiar with the android operating system it wonít be easy fumbling through.

You will however need an a with google to enable you to login.

Also, once all set, future updates are super simple.

Mike.
Apr 15, 2018, 06:13 AM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch96
Thanks Larry
Spektrum iX12 Instructional Series - Updating Software (3 min 27 sec)
Apr 15, 2018, 06:28 AM

ix12

Thanks guys !!!! all finished
Apr 15, 2018, 09:22 AM
AMA LM CD
There is also loads of information in post #2 of this thread, if you find yourself wondering other things. It is not an all inclusive list, but I have tried to include things as they came up.
Apr 15, 2018, 10:34 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Subbed to keep up on potential of this TX.
Last edited by kydawg1; Apr 17, 2018 at 06:14 AM.
Apr 15, 2018, 11:22 AM

Latest update

Found the answer
Last edited by PlanePhil; Apr 15, 2018 at 11:34 AM.
Apr 15, 2018, 11:33 AM
In main screen just tap the model shown upper in left hand corner. You get a screen that has proceed. Long touch and you will be in Model Utilities.

If you long touch the model shown in the upper left had corner you will get the Model Select screen
Apr 15, 2018, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanePhil
Love the new update for changing models but where did the model utility screen go? How do I add a model, import and export?
Where it always was... But you need to do a short touch for model utility screen. Long touch is model swap screen.
Apr 15, 2018, 11:34 AM
Thanks
Apr 15, 2018, 02:38 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
No need. It's about as simple as they come.
Ta da!

Andy
That's what I said to my wife a bout doing a reset on her iPad - WITH a short step by step paragraph from the web. But no, I think it is a comfort zone thing.
Apr 15, 2018, 02:57 PM
Electric baptism 1975
There was a post about the number of never updated radios. It could be that in the past some products occasionally "bricked" when updated. Looking to solutions:-
Am I right in thinking that HH assists in updating at major events?

Consider sponsoring local hobby stores to assist in updating radios - perhaps registering, updating & giving a card at time of sale?

Consider sponsoring clubs to have update clinics.

My other hobby is choral singing & I'm amazed that at least 10% have to be coached through downloading a file, locating it & moving it. Some haven't caught on after several run throughs. I guess our brains don't all work the same way.

Back to the point. There are some for whom the upgrade process is a challenge. In fact many don't see the benefit. As some updates may involve safety of others, is there a better way to reach them.

PS the email out bettered out many updates ago, at least for me.

Quick Reply