Dec 07, 2017, 10:27 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
What would I search for in Google Play to locate the app?
Spektrum,

You get all their apps.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2017, 10:32 AM
AMA District VII AVP
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Spektrum,

You get all their apps.
Yep, I grabbed the DX6r Race app.. but when loading "only compatible with spektrum radios"
Last edited by PropsnWings; Dec 07, 2017 at 10:47 AM.
Dec 07, 2017, 10:36 AM
Well, I guess that answers that.

Andy
Dec 07, 2017, 10:47 AM
Bank & Yanker!!
So I stand corrected, a new thread is appropriate for this new radio.

So my burning questions are......

Can this nice looking display be *easily* viewed in direct full sun?

What is the mA power draw of the system?

Is the touchscreen reasonably robust? It is likely to get properly hammered by the neck strap hook swinging across it. Presumably screen protector films can be applied without stopping the touch functionality?

Cheers

Peter
Dec 07, 2017, 10:48 AM
AMA District VII AVP
Thread OP
From what I can see in the available videos, the screen is easily seen in outdoor conditions.
Dec 07, 2017, 10:55 AM
AMA District VII AVP
Thread OP
Pete says the screen is awesome!
Dec 07, 2017, 11:00 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Mikie Likie!

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Dec 07, 2017, 11:15 AM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054

Congrats! Andy and team

Like the title says, congrats Andy, you guys did a great job!
Cheers! v
Latest blog entry: My SlowProgress
Dec 07, 2017, 11:17 AM
AMA District VII AVP
Thread OP
Hmm its passed 11 am Eastern and no launch video seen
Dec 07, 2017, 11:18 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
Hmm its passed 11 am Eastern and no launch video seen
Posted 19 minutes ago on Youtube

Thursday Thunder 12/7/2017 Broadcast - Spektrum IX12 Intelligent Transmitter (19 min 14 sec)

Plus this was up on the Horizon site immediately

iX12 12-Channel DSMX Android-Powered Intelligent Transmitter (5 min 16 sec)
Dec 07, 2017, 11:20 AM
We shall serve the Lord
I think RCGroups will have a Special Podcast at 2:00pm today. I'm not sure if it's an "exclusive", but it should be fun.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Dec 07, 2017, 11:25 AM
Making the app available for download to try on any android device would go a long way to answering peopleís questions about the ix12ís abilities. Iíd enjoy checking it out, donít think Iíll spend $600 to play around but if I was impressed with the app I. Like definitely see myself buying another radio.
AMA District VII AVP
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Posted 19 minutes ago on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--II1TLeVn4

Plus this was up on the Horizon site immediately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCIvvOL3tYw
So I must have missed the "exciting opportunity" that was spoke about on Spektrums Facebook page.. Anyone know what it was>?
This radio is 1/2 seriously awesome and 1/2 very redundant to anyone carrying a smart phone. I have had cameras with android on them. Its just superfluous for the most part. Looks great on paper, but you're simply not going to text your friends and browse the web off your TX, much less through a hotspot thats already your phone. But, I'm not going to knock that. Just worried that Spektrum has a terrible track record on android development. Now we have another Android OS that will need security updates and so forth.

But... the TX has one job, and thats to be an awesome TX. If they nailed that, with this interface and new screen, this will be a great radio to have for that reason alone. I'm not spending $600 for all that social/web stuff, a $50 Fire tablet does all that.
Dec 07, 2017, 11:27 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
The Android system provides the User Interface ONLY. The flight controls are run by the same channel processing code (and CPU) that are in the current radios. This ensures that the system will have the utmost reliability and users can have confidence in the complete package.

Exactly.

I developed the original DX8 with the expectation of a 2-CPU system in the future - one for the UI, one for the flight controls. The current radios already support a non-existent or non-responsive UI (ie, "locked up") and will continue to fly the aircraft just fine. This was a primary system constraint from the very beginning of our development.

The iX12 is simply the realization of what was started almost 10 years ago.

Andy
My original DX8 is right next to me at my Desktop in charge of all Phoenix Simulator Missions.

Quick Reply