Mar 11, 2018, 06:29 PM
No offense taken.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2018, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
There have been a number of documented "issues" too, that may well have caused second thoughts. Not everyone has the patience needed to deal with them.
That is my current thoughts right now. I'm comparing this radio to the Futaba 16SZ. I'm now leaning towards the Spectrum because of the powersafe receivers but there are some issues that are or were known and maybe fixed. However they kinda stick in my head. Right now I try and think of it as several thousand likely have been sold and just a few are on the internet with issues. So they skyay not be falling.........yet. I have owned Futaba before and I liked it. But I'm familiar with JR and Spektrum and like it too. So my gut is leaning at this right now. I will be calling Atlanta Hobbies tomorrow. If it is in stock with free shipping, there is a huge chance I will buy it.
Mar 11, 2018, 07:27 PM
No bounce, No play.
My iX12 was fully charged at some state of charge 3 weeks ago when I left. On reflection when Fly inquired, it must have been Stealth I took off charger before I left.

I put the charge on and for about a minute the Logo LED flashed blue and the screen was dimly lit. Then it showed the battery picture on the screen with only a sliver missing at the top for 5 or 10 seconds. The screen went dark and the LED went out. As soon as the battery picture appeared on the screen the current went to what you see in the picture.

Before it was about 0.78 with occasional burps to 0.88. Still going at that rate with 250mah injected.

The light and screen behavior is the same as I have always seen when starting charge with radio off.
Last edited by davidmc36; Mar 11, 2018 at 11:23 PM.
Mar 11, 2018, 10:21 PM
So are you saying that by sitting for 3 weeks totally off from a fully charged state that the battery had lost 250mah of charge? Do I read that correctly?
Mar 11, 2018, 11:11 PM
No bounce, No play.
Can't be right. I thought I charged and put away. Looked at Stealth and it's showing top voltage.

It actually showed 1100mah by the time it went to Zero Amps. After around 400 it started to slowly dial back the current. I didn't really see how the rest of the curve went.
Last edited by davidmc36; Mar 11, 2018 at 11:26 PM.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:03 AM
This is a 2S battery in the tx, with a built in charging circuit, right? If so, the balancing circuit would possibly be using (burning off) some of the charge current in order to balance the pack. The charging circuit itself may be consuming a few ma as well.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:13 AM
AMA LM CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99
This is a 2S battery in the tx, with a built in charging circuit, right? If so, the balancing circuit would possibly be using (burning off) some of the charge current in order to balance the pack. The charging circuit itself may be consuming a few ma as well.
Id have to look again, but I thought I remember it being a 3S 1P
Mar 12, 2018, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
I was going by the voltage display on the previous post.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:28 AM
Yup.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:31 AM
IX12 is a 1S battery. DX radios use 2S.

Andy
Mar 12, 2018, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
Other way around. 1s3p
Mar 12, 2018, 10:25 AM
AMA LM CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAlvarez
Other way around. 1s3p
Yes! That is it... coffee was not strong enough this morning..
Mar 12, 2018, 10:53 AM

"Optimizing apps"

Some follow-up thoughts about the lengthy "Optimizing apps" ordeal.

My iX12 has only performed that chore one time, and that was after the last update.
The odd thing is that I booted up the radio several times after the update with no
problems. It was a full day later and on about the 4th boot up after the update that
the lengthy "Optimizing apps" deal showed up.

I've always been a believer in keeping my computer and tablet up to date, and I
believe keeping my iX12 to date is also a good thing. But, my concern is how to
avoid getting into the "Optimizing apps" deal at the RC field. Can I avoid this by
booting up my iX12 four times or more after an update before heading out to the
RC field?
Mar 12, 2018, 11:17 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Can't be right. I thought I charged ....
Had to have been the Stealth I charged before I left. Was showing full V when turned on and stopped charging after 20 mins this morning.

So, not applicable to whether it drained any while off. No clue where it started.

What I figured it showed was the battery icon that popped up when the full draw started showed you about a 10% from full representation. It drank more than 1/6 of rated capacity. This is the same way I have charged it every time. I see the same indications on Tx.

A meter between the battery and the Tx would be nice. Was somebody playing with that? What about a logger to see it's curve and compare to Android's?
Mar 12, 2018, 11:38 AM
Electric baptism 1975
The other question I have is what are the losses. ie if 4,000mah is recorded as sent to the battery, how much is actually accepted? I'm guessing, 10%ish.

Quick Reply