Dinosaur Display - RC Groups
Dec 06, 2017, 01:25 PM
LUFTGUCKER
Discussion

Dinosaur Display

i have a DX9 Tx and i am pretty happy the way it works but thinking of all the pretty nice cellphone screens my question: Isn't there a way to recycle/use those screens as a display for radios? Some of the newer european radios have the screen/display on the top, interference free with the neck strap which covers half of the time the current screen !
I think its time for a more modern screen in a better position ,don't mind buying a new radio !
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2017, 01:34 PM
Phone mount: https://www.horizonhobby.com/smart-p...mlp-tx-blh2208

We also make one for the DX2e (which needs it for telemetry display and configuration).

Andy
Dec 06, 2017, 02:28 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
I think its time for a more modern screen in a better position ,don't mind buying a new radio !
Frsky, Jeti and Powerbox the only brands with color screen Tx at the top.
Multiplex, Mikado, Futaba, Hitec, JR do have the color screen at the bottom.
I don't need to mention other irrelevant cheapo ''china'' brands
Dec 06, 2017, 02:46 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
Frsky, Jeti and Powerbox the only brands with color screen Tx at the top.
Multiplex, Mikado, Futaba, Hitec, JR do have the color screen at the bottom.
I don't need to mention other irrelevant cheapo ''china'' brands
Multiplex is screen at the top or bottom, based on model, JR has been both as well.
Dec 06, 2017, 02:52 PM
★★★★★★★★
it's incorrect. we are talking about color screens not dinosaur displays.

the response from Andy is quite odd otherwise he would have said. ''wait until tomorrow you gonna like our new baby''
Dec 06, 2017, 03:02 PM
You're reading too much into my reply.

He wanted a way to reuse his old phone with a transmitter. I gave him exactly how to do that. Today. Tomorrow. Next year.

It's not a new idea. We've been shipping these for a good while.

Andy
Dec 06, 2017, 06:15 PM
LUFTGUCKER
Great phone holder !!! Now i need a link how to display the TX DATA to the Phone screen !!
Won't work?? Why not implement a quality screen like that??
There is a lot of Dingle Dongle online you virtually can play /transmit almost anything to a Screen!
Dec 06, 2017, 06:18 PM
You really need to take a look at the DX2e to get a feel for the direction we're moving.

I'm pretty sure based on your attitude here that you're gonna like it!

Andy
Dec 07, 2017, 09:54 AM
LUFTGUCKER
DX2e??? Thats a surface radio!!
Dec 07, 2017, 10:02 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
DX2e??? Thats a surface radio!!
Yep, it's also their first radio that's designed to work with an external android or iOS display with a telemetry dashboard.

We've already seen the DX6r functionality come to the Airware line with the new iX12, I expect the DX2e's dashboard capability will come to the airware line as they get refreshed.

BTW, it should be very doable to write a telemetry link app and display on an arbitrary phone/tablet via the bluetooth link in the iX12.
Dec 07, 2017, 02:21 PM
LUFTGUCKER
Now we are talking!! With my limited electronic know how(i always can generate sparks)is there anybody out there who is capable of doing this??
Dec 07, 2017, 06:35 PM
LUFTGUCKER
Ok,here goes another 699.99 -Hooked

Quick Reply