Air Hogs Hyper Drift 2-in-1 Drone - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Air Hogs Hyper Drift 2-in-1 Drone

We all know Air Hogs as one of the coolest makers of radio controlled toys in the world. They've been tapping RC hobby designers for years to create some great flying mass market toys that even us expert level hobbyists can enjoy for what they are. That carries over to the latest product the Hyper Drift Drone.

Splash

Air Hogs Does it Again

We all know Air Hogs as one of the coolest makers of radio controlled toys in the world. They've been tapping RC hobby designers for years to create some great flying mass market toys that even us expert level hobbyists can enjoy for what they are. That carries over to the latest product the Hyper Drift Drone.

At first glance it looks like an Airboat with a sleek hull, but then you notice it doesn't have one large prop in the back, there's 4 and hey that kind of looks like a quadcopter strapped to the back. Well that's because it is! That's right, with the Hyper Drift Drone, you can blast around on the ground and even if you crash, the drone pops off and allows you to fly. It's a crazy idea, but one I would love to get my hands on!

It uses a 2.4Ghz radio so you'll have a solid connection rated for 200ft. It costs around $40 and you'll get everything in the box except for AA batteries and it even includes spare props. The drone is encased in a protective cage which allows you to bounce off walls and ceilings and keep on flying. It's nice to see something different, but we're wondering who will be the first to create a 200 size version of this!

Check out the Air Hogs Hyper Drift 2-in-1 Drone here

Dec 06, 2017, 03:09 PM
This looks pretty cool. Nice price too

I do have to wonder if this was a paid advertisement from Airhogs though. It's toy grade and I've never seen y'all do a spotlight on a "toy grade" rc
Dec 06, 2017, 03:31 PM
RCG Admin
Just an FYI, we never do paid news stories. It was completely my idea. I used to have an old Air Hogs biplane that was all the rage in the RC world when they came out. I felt this one was cool enough to warrant a news story on it. I'm a sucker for cool things I guess : )
Dec 06, 2017, 03:40 PM
I gotcha. I didn't think y'all did, which was why I was curious.

I have seen those planes before. They are pretty cool for sure!

Do you think you could put something like a tiny whoop on the frame?? That would be pretty sweet
Dec 07, 2017, 06:59 AM
Speaking of toy grade awesomeness... I think the best drone in this price point is the Jetpack Commander Drone from HRP. The altitude hold that really works is a key feature. It's probably one of the easiest drones to fly, due to the locked in altitude hold. New pilots struggle with keeping them from smashing into the ceiling. This feature helps them focus on path rather than juggling height at the same time. The Launch/Land button is unique as well. I think any new drone pilot would appreciate this in the stocking as well as those with more experience. I got one for my 5 year old grandson and made the mistake of "testing" it. Back to the store for another one...

Rage R/C Jetpack Commander RTF Quad (2 min 7 sec)
Dec 07, 2017, 08:05 AM
RCG Admin
I’ve flown one of those too! It is surprising how well they work.
Dec 08, 2017, 07:28 AM
Technology for good!

Please keep doing these!

My boys love this stuff.

Great ideas for Christmas.

Thanks for posting

P