Sep 19, 2019, 11:07 AM
Fly Navy!
Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2019, 11:24 AM

mz-24 pro: Setting up vario audio output and signal strength

Dear all,

I am very recently flying a mz-24 pro and the GR 18 + 3xG + 3a receiver which has vario. During flight I can see the vario on the display. However, I can’t get it to output audio. This would be very helpful. Did anyone manage to have vario output as audio, either as tone or voice?

My other question: empirically, what signal strengths and accumulated lost signal packets do you experience ? My signal drops relatively quickly to around 25%, or even 10 depending on model angle and distance I see 30 to 60 ms worth of packets lost per flight of around 15min. Is this as it should be?

Thanks a lot!
Oct 09, 2019, 05:24 AM
Team Canada F5J, Team Graupner
Quote:
Originally Posted by janciesko
Dear all,

I am very recently flying a mz-24 pro and the GR 18 + 3xG + 3a receiver which has vario. During flight I can see the vario on the display. However, I can’t get it to output audio. This would be very helpful. Did anyone manage to have vario output as audio, either as tone or voice?

My other question: empirically, what signal strengths and accumulated lost signal packets do you experience ? My signal drops relatively quickly to around 25%, or even 10 depending on model angle and distance I see 30 to 60 ms worth of packets lost per flight of around 15min. Is this as it should be?

Thanks a lot!
Good morning!

I can't address your first question as I don't fly with a vario, hopefully someone else will be able to answer.

Not knowing what model you are flying and how you've routed your antennae I can only answer that your values seem extremely low. I fly F5J and 1km downrange isn't unusual for me- and I am still at 80%+ signal strength with minimal packet loss. Something doesn't seem right- in either routing of antennae or signal processing.

Jean
Oct 09, 2019, 10:18 AM
To hear the tones you need to assign a switch to turn it on.

- Telemetry / Voice Trigger
- Assign a switch to ALTIME.

You can adjust the vario volume from the system/Etc. Set menu

Your loss packets are looking good. However, with any new model, especially sailplanes we advice to try different antenna layouts and check the log files.
Oct 09, 2019, 09:42 PM
I was at a recent fly in and flew c/f's planes with heading lock. The cool factor is off the charts!
I'm just starting to research it as I want to set up my planes. I am assuming all I need is my MZ-24 PRO and a Vario RX?
Oct 10, 2019, 10:01 AM
You can use any of our radios and any gyro receiver from this page:

https://www.graupnerusa.com/24-GHz-F...ERS_c_123.html
Oct 10, 2019, 07:05 PM
Thank you
Oct 15, 2019, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinstraightup
I was at a recent fly in and flew c/f's planes with heading lock. The cool factor is off the charts!
I'm just starting to research it as I want to set up my planes. I am assuming all I need is my MZ-24 PRO and a Vario RX?
I use the Falcon Gyro with heading lock as an option. It makes my Hottrigger fly like my Vanquish 2M that does not have a gyro. Graupner helped me set up 3 modes on my MZ24 Pro. I also have a vario but stopped using it. It worked fine.

Quick Reply