Dec 07, 2017, 06:31 PM
First joined Sep 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower_City_Woody
I watched the Raven 1500 video on the HK web site.

To me, the plane seems to yaw excessively upon launch release - much more than I've seen in other launch videos. Is that amount of yaw normal?

Woody
Video says it has pull springs. Rudder horn is on incorrect side for left handed launch. Should be opposite peg.

edit: see video at around 1:30, you can see rudder over to right
Last edited by BlRDMAN; Dec 07, 2017 at 06:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2017, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlRDMAN
Video says it has pull springs. Rudder horn is on incorrect side for left handed launch. Should be opposite peg.

edit: see video at around 1:30, you can see rudder over to right

Sharp eyes, Birdman! You're living up to your name!
It does look like he's got the plane set up for a right hand launch (launch mode programmed, maybe?) but is launching left handed.

Also...the website's pics show the horiz stab/ele mounted on top of the boom, but the plane in the video has it mounted on the bottom of the boom. Wonder what difference that might make? Which is it supposed to be?

Tom
Dec 09, 2017, 09:24 PM
Wonder if it compare to my top sky ? I love my my elf and want bigger but won't sacfice on servos are these eMax HV 2s capable ? I love my D47s will they offer kit with out servos ?
Last edited by Jeepworld2002; Dec 09, 2017 at 11:52 PM.
Dec 10, 2017, 09:28 AM
Pulled the trigger when the PNP/PNF was 150€, should be here on Monday though I doubt I get to fly it soon... first DLG by the way... not sure it will survive my first throw lol... and no, I don't know anyone close that has a DLG to show me how to throw it

btw... am I seeing this right... servos are fine with 1S?
Dec 10, 2017, 11:37 AM
I run KST brand servos in my Evo Woody on 1S, and it works great. I suspect most non high-voltage servos are also OK with 1S. Just make sure your brand of receiver will be OK with 1S, some aren't happy at that low of a voltage. I use Frsky, and it's fine.

Chris
Dec 10, 2017, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
I run KST brand servos in my Evo Woody on 1S, and it works great. I suspect most non high-voltage servos are also OK with 1S. Just make sure your brand of receiver will be OK with 1S, some aren't happy at that low of a voltage. I use Frsky, and it's fine.

Chris
thanks a lot, I am not 100% sure what to use... I have old receivers laying around... will check / test with a variable power supply... what would you guess is realistic to encounter on a 1S? As low as 3.5V when all servos are moving?

What mixer do I need for launch?
Dec 10, 2017, 01:23 PM
This confuses me but guess I could add a 5v booster but will limit the flight time I use the Dmss rg6 I think it's called
Dec 10, 2017, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr
Sharp eyes, Birdman! You're living up to your name!
It does look like he's got the plane set up for a right hand launch (launch mode programmed, maybe?) but is launching left handed.

Also...the website's pics show the horiz stab/ele mounted on top of the boom, but the plane in the video has it mounted on the bottom of the boom. Wonder what difference that might make? Which is it supposed to be?

Tom
Not sure if it makes a difference at all 1 poss bad about mounting on bottom would be getting it ripped off on bad landing I prefer the top. I do like they gave this one a rudder as the 990 it was in fixed. I not a pro nor would I call myself a newb but I tend to use rudder a lot but my bud Barry doesn't know how to use the left stick period actually he's got it rubber banded to full up and when he lands he got reflex programmed in so when he pulls it down it ups when about to catch and it to low or to slow it down. I m not sure but he's all right stick with rudder mixed into ailerons
Dec 10, 2017, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
On 1s i stop flying at 3.7v

With all servos moving you shouldn't have that much of a voltage drop with a decent cell. I use the Nanotech & Graphene 600mah gum stick ones. Both are good cells.

I do remember i tested the 1m composite pnp version once. I was surprised that the cheap servos they put in that were rather zippy on 1s. I think they may have been Emax servos but i can't be 100% sure now. May have been the same Emax ones that Thomas suggests for the go Mini.
Dec 14, 2017, 10:49 PM
I would like to try this out. Wonder if it will thermal.

Ken
Dec 15, 2017, 10:18 AM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
I am really interested in this one too, but can't find many reviews on it. I flew my first DLG (HK Mini DLG) for the past couple summers, and really enjoy it, but would like to step up in size and features (ailerons). And I can't justify the price of a nice composite model just yet, so this one may bridge the gap. Anyone with experience with this plane, please chime in!
Dec 16, 2017, 01:21 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
I've just ordered one. I'm a first time DLG flier and over 70 so I'll let you know how I get on!
Dec 16, 2017, 01:53 PM
Studying the HK photos, the vertical stabilizer appears to be glued to the boom much like their Mini DLG. In that case, the boom is glued to the covering. If the Raven is the same, it might be a good idea to strengthen that joint before flying.

Just an idea ....

Woody
Last edited by Tower_City_Woody; Dec 16, 2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Corrected bad grammar.
Dec 16, 2017, 02:54 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Thanks Woody: exactly the sort of tip I needed
Dec 20, 2017, 11:06 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Well, the box has arrived (with one small tear in the cardboard - probably not important) but my lovely wife has annexed it until the 25th, saying it is a Christmas present! This was news to me, but very welcome I have to say.

So no DLG tomorrow, but the wait will be worth it I'm sure. Instead I plan to fly the other end of the spectrum, my 120" span Saunders-Roe Princess, at Longham Reservoir.

Quick Reply