Dec 20, 2017, 04:17 PM
Suspended Account
I am new to this dlg thing and would sure like to see the flight review of this plane. It looks like a fun beginner tbh.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2017, 06:46 PM
Well biggest problem with flight reviews is its brand new n most of the US is in winter season. But I would venture to say if you wait a month or two there will be reviews
Dec 20, 2017, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith Mike
Well, the box has arrived (with one small tear in the cardboard - probably not important) but my lovely wife has annexed it until the 25th, saying it is a Christmas present! This was news to me, but very welcome I have to say.

So no DLG tomorrow, but the wait will be worth it I'm sure. Instead I plan to fly the other end of the spectrum, my 120" span Saunders-Roe Princess, at Longham Reservoir.
Tell you wife inquiring minds what to know how this thing fly's. Tell her you've been a good boy and need to give us a flight report.
Dec 20, 2017, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Well, the box has arrived (with one small tear in the cardboard - probably not important) but my lovely wife has annexed it until the 25th, saying it is a Christmas present! This was news to me, but very welcome I have to say.

So no DLG tomorrow, but the wait will be worth it I'm sure. Instead I plan to fly the other end of the spectrum, my 120" span Saunders-Roe Princess, at Longham Reservoir.
Hey mike Let me give ya a little tip Scotch tape and a magazine for weight. Carefully knife open box while wife is sleeping remove model and add magazine for weight tape box closed and wrap with paper move model to hanger/ work space and get it Rtf. But dont fly it. Wait till xmas, If you get caught tell her you wanted to be able to test fly on xmas. and you didnt want to take time away from her and or family to build and assemble on xmas
Dec 21, 2017, 02:48 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
She has it alarmed...She knows what I'm like
Dec 21, 2017, 08:46 AM
You guy's are too funny. I am considering this model or an Art Hobbies Momentum, any compare and contrast between these DLG's?
Dec 21, 2017, 10:03 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Quote:
She has it alarmed...She knows what I'm like
Judging by the size of the box, did the wing come in one piece or two pieces? I'm looking for something that will fit in my suitcase, even if that means gluing it together after I get there and leaving it there.
Latest blog entry: Canola Huckin'
Dec 21, 2017, 06:27 PM
Wing comes in 2 pieces, you can see from the manual:
https://hobbyking.com/media/file/r/a...500_manual.pdf
Dec 21, 2017, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
I wonder how well its going to thermal.
Dec 22, 2017, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedzu
I wonder how well its going to thermal.
I asked the same question, guess we will have to wait for a flight report.

Ken
Dec 22, 2017, 04:58 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
I asked the same question, guess we will have to wait for a flight report.

Ken
I am patiently waiting , it looks as it would be but you never know.
Dec 22, 2017, 07:52 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcant
Wing comes in 2 pieces, you can see from the manual:
https://hobbyking.com/media/file/r/a...500_manual.pdf
Thanks!

Edit: Takes a bit more than 30 minutes to assemble like the web page says. Joining the wings alone says allow to dry for 24 hours....
Last edited by G.P.; Dec 22, 2017 at 08:02 PM.
Dec 22, 2017, 09:08 PM
I finished building mine this afternoon and took it out for some soft launches. I'm a DLG noob so keep that in mind. The plane fit together quite well. The quality was honestly better than I expected. I did replace the supplied string with .012 beading wire.

It was completely dead air this evening but the plane still flew well. It's easy to launch and basically taught me how to use the AD DLG 4.1 eepe. I'm running the recommended 1s 500mAh battery and a FrSky D4R-II. CG seemed good with everything placed as far up toward nose as possible.

The plane is also quite durable. Don't ask me how I know. '

Edit: Also used 15 min epoxy on the critical parts. The manual calls for CA on the peg installation but that seemed pretty suspect so I used epoxy.
Dec 22, 2017, 09:59 PM
The instructions look to be very clear and good. If lunching withthe right hand which side of the rudder does the clives go on?

Ken
Dec 22, 2017, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
The instructions look to be very clear and good. If lunching withthe right hand which side of the rudder does the clives go on?

Ken
My understanding is that it should always go to the opposite side that the launch peg is on. That's what I did.

Quick Reply