Jun 01, 2019, 05:19 PM
Sub250 AUW mine is not, its at 254g with the CG spot on, but still need to change the cover on the rudder. That should bring it back to 252g.

One way to shift the CG/weight is to cut the tail a bit shorter, Ill think it should do fine with a 40-50mm shorter boom.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2019, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStauning
Sub250 AUW mine is not, its at 254g with the CG spot on, but still need to change the cover on the rudder. That should bring it back to 252g.

One way to shift the CG/weight is to cut the tail a bit shorter, Ill think it should do fine with a 40-50mm shorter boom.
Impressive low weight... I also thought about shrinking the tail boom, but I am not sure how big of a deal that would be... or better say... how bad it would be

Could you be a bit more precisely on how you got the weight that low?

What lipo are you using?
No metal linkages on the ailerons?

Thanks a lot
Jun 08, 2019, 05:41 PM
Well Ill did this after a crash:
Removed broken servos from the nose, and put the new in the wing - also cut of the extra servotray. Put some fiberglass on the wingconnection, and changed to two screws to plastic. Had to change the elevator too, and had a carbon one from a old plane (6.2grams). Removed all the white markings aswell. AUW 273gram

Then wanted to remove flutter, so removed the skin and therefore also the "hingetape". That tape alone is alot of weight behind the CG (+8grams). Put some carbontow on it, a total of 6grams. Then recovered it with some oracover light, that gave a total AUW of 254g.

Battery is a old 1S650mha with a booster to 5V (25g) in the front of the nose, and a FrSky G-RX6 on top of it.

Have a "new" used Raven1500 that need some love, Ill may try to cut the boom on that.

PS the mods Ill done starts on page 18 here in this thread
Jan 27, 2020, 03:36 AM
Micro slopping Hobbyking Raven with BAMF comp wing (3 min 30 sec)
Here is a hobbyking Raven with a BAMF ARMSOAR comp wing. I thought maybe the HK Raven fans might like it.

Quick Reply