Mar 19, 2018, 06:00 AM
No bounce, No play.
The manual describes one way of powering it as splitting an ESC power harness to each end of the servo rails. Gives double the surface area for power input contact.

If I were to try double batteries I would run through a sharing device.

Manual also recommends the large wires as the best input point.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2018, 08:05 AM
No bounce, No play.
Is it normal that the Serial Port seems to have a 'priority' over the Aux Port?

Remote connected to Aux did not want to bind.

With two Remotes connected, when I remove functioning Remote from Aux Port the LED remains Green. If functioning Remote is removed from Serial Port the LED turns Blue.
Mar 20, 2018, 11:31 PM
This is normal. The Serial Port is checked first for valid data and when none is found then the AUX port is checked. With 2.4GHz systems you either get GOOD data or NO data. So, it makes it very simple to check redundancy. You just start with the first receiver and go down the line until you have good data. The X24 works the same way, but it has 4 ports.
Mar 21, 2018, 08:52 AM
No bounce, No play.
Roger. All is well with my unit then.

You just need to bind one Rx at a time on Serial Port, no sweat.
Apr 04, 2018, 10:29 PM
A sequencer was mentioned in the first post. What are its features?
Apr 05, 2018, 10:05 PM
This is a separate product from the X10+, but it uses the same board. No information is being released yet.
Apr 08, 2018, 09:35 AM

Jeti questions for new X10+ V2

Sir,

I ordered, and should have in hand shortly one of your new X10 +V2 expanders.

Having read the manual, I still have a couple of questions...

What protocol for input with Jeti receivers?
Does the V2 accept PPM input? Or will that be a future firmware change?

Also, will the Jeti telemetry work?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Beghtol
Apr 08, 2018, 11:38 PM
JETI UDI is XBUS MODE B.

V2 does not yet support PPM.

JETI telemetry is handled by the receiver, not the X10+.
Apr 09, 2018, 10:19 AM
Jim,

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the straight info direct from the source.
I will be using the X10+ V2 to get the hang of the system.

Anxiously awaiting the next run of X24 so I can convert my other airframes!
Apr 09, 2018, 08:53 PM
The X24 boards are in production, but it is going to be a couple of weeks before we have them in house.
Apr 26, 2018, 01:10 PM
Build more, websurf less
Jim,

I know that the current X10+ does not support PPM input from a receiver.

But if it did in the future, how would you decide when the X10+ should declare a failsafe event?

* When it no longer sees valid PPM frames?

* When it sees no PPM frames at all?

* When it sees the same PPM frame that doesn't change?

I have a receiver that in one failure mode keeps sending or holds the last known valid PPM frame. As a consequence that receiver is not good at telling a flight controller that it may have failed. (I can however use a telemetry heart-beat time-out to signal a failsafe.)

Thanks,

Paul
Apr 26, 2018, 02:01 PM
I suppose I could use any of those methods. I am not sure at this point. I really don't know of anyone actually using PPM anymore. Most use Spektrum or SBUS protocol for their setups.
Apr 26, 2018, 09:55 PM
Build more, websurf less
Yeah, I mostly use SBUS. Thanks, Paul
Jun 23, 2018, 10:16 AM
Jim, to be clear...

The links on your website for the original "X10+ Channel Expander (original)" manual are dead.

So, questions:
1. Are we to now use the V2 manual for the original X10+ going forward?
2. Whereas the Updater V5.8 shows that it's applicable for both the original X10+ as well as the X10V2, does that mean that the original X10+ will essentially have all the features of the V2 except for the change in PPM?
Jun 24, 2018, 12:15 PM
The original X10+ manual is still in the downloads area. If you have an original X10+ then that is the manual you should be using. The features are the same between the two though. Just the LED and location of the AUX connector changed.

Quick Reply