New X10+ coming... - Page 4 - RC Groups
Feb 18, 2018, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Playing around with X24 using four Remotes.

No signal data to it but all other telemetry seems to come through from paired TM1000
Yeah, I guess the data converting is done somewhere in the receiver. The tm1000 will certainly pass everything else for you though. I am just a little leary of flying bigger planes utilizing only remotes. I know Flex has had a couple of in-explainable issues operating their Aura that way.

Jim as far as I know the srxl passes whatever the tx is capable of. If you can't find an 18 local to check out let me know and you can borrow mine.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2018, 08:45 PM
The "remotes" are exactly what the full recievers have for RF... same FCC ID.
Feb 18, 2018, 08:56 PM
No bounce, No play.
Like if you have say an AR9000. The Rx in the main unit is just exactly the same as a Remote. There are two of them in there actually. Just broken out to different pins than when used as Remote. I just swapped one out a few days ago that went blink after about 10 minutes operation. Just popped open a Remote, de-soldered the connector, and slid it onto the header pins on the main unit. Back in business.
Feb 18, 2018, 09:09 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
... utilizing only remotes. ......
The setup with the X24 is actually identical RF hardware as the 12CH Powersafe Rx......only with more features in the PDU.
Feb 19, 2018, 12:40 AM
Ok. Thank you.
Regards, Federico
Feb 20, 2018, 09:43 PM
Quote:
The setup with the X24 is actually identical RF hardware as the 12CH Powersafe Rx......only with more features in the PDU.
So it provides data logging of rf like a spek receiver? Can you integrate a tm 1000 to provide real time rf data?
Feb 21, 2018, 01:04 AM
The TM1000 provides telemetry data to the transmitter, using sensors that are connected to it. The RF data logging is done by the main Spektrum receiver itself, not the satellites or TM1000.
Feb 21, 2018, 02:57 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
.....real time rf data?
That is lacking in this setup. (All the other Telem data comes through. Just bind up the TM, I used another Rx, then fire it up when you fire up the X24.) But based on my experience using 4 Remote Rx setups and logging the QOS I'm not sure I am even worried about it. I suppose I could run it once with regular Rx just to see but Remotes positioned at far end of tail and near wing tips are guaranteed to perform well.
Feb 21, 2018, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The TM1000 provides telemetry data to the transmitter, using sensors that are connected to it. The RF data logging is done by the main Spektrum receiver itself, not the satellites or TM1000.
Quote:
That is lacking in this setup. (All the other Telem data comes through. Just bind up the TM, I used another Rx, then fire it up when you fire up the X24.) But based on my experience using 4 Remote Rx setups and logging the QOS I'm not sure I am even worried about it. I suppose I could run it once with regular Rx just to see but Remotes positioned at far end of tail and near wing tips are guaranteed to perform well.
Thanks. That is the reason using srxl is important to me. I want to be sure that I have the remotes placed well and be able to monitor my systems performance. I have been unfortunate in the past with a few different tx's that had rf output issues(one died mid flight). I like to look over my frame losses/fades after a flight. Data for signal quality is important for my peace of mind.

Jay
Feb 21, 2018, 06:18 PM
You don't need telemetry to look at the frame losses/fades after the flight. The X24 monitors all of the receivers and displays this information on it's display.
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 21, 2018 at 06:51 PM.
Feb 21, 2018, 06:25 PM
No bounce, No play.
Wowzers!

I bet that I missed that somewhere in the manual or web.

That is actually perfect. Same thing as using the Flight Log. If I know I can view it later I'm confident in my installs that the plane will come home and I can detect any Remotes that need improving.

Sweet.
Feb 21, 2018, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
You don't need telemetry to look at the frame losses/fades after the flight. The X24 monitors all of the receivers and displays this information it it's display.
That's a great feature for the X24. I did figure out something that will work with the X10 as is. Spektrums AR7700 has an output for serial data like one gets from a remote receiver. That will give the the oportunity to have the real time data I'm looking for.
Feb 21, 2018, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Wowzers!

I bet that I missed that somewhere in the manual or web.

That is actually perfect. Same thing as using the Flight Log. If I know I can view it later I'm confident in my installs that the plane will come home and I can detect any Remotes that need improving.

Sweet.
You can press the INC or DEC buttons to cycle between the different displays. The lowest/highest voltage and frames lost for each receiver ("fades" as Spektrum calls them), along with total loss of frames, is logged when the X24 powers up.
Feb 22, 2018, 02:55 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
That's a great feature for the X24. I did figure out something that will work with the X10 as is. Spektrums AR7700 has an output for serial data like one gets from a remote receiver. That will give the the oportunity to have the real time data I'm looking for.
And that Serial Port should give all channels your Tx is putting out, right?

That may be one setup I will try. That would give three redundant Rx's and an X10 to distribute other channels. Nice.
Feb 22, 2018, 06:09 AM
Quote:
And that Serial Port should give all channels your Tx is putting out, right?

That may be one setup I will try. That would give three redundant Rx's and an X10 to distribute other channels. Nice.
The way I understand, yes.

Quick Reply