Dec 05, 2017, 10:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Thanking The Wilmunders

Work fascinates me. I can sit and watch it for hours.

A little late for Thanksgiving but I want to my sincere gratitude and thanks to the Wilmunders.

Throughout the years, Aric and Kevin have done great service toward the furtherance of SVSS rule #1. Unless you've done it yourself, you have no idea how much work goes into a contest. Stop and think about it. They not only organize and run the contest, they prepare the lunches and still manage to be formidable competitors. In preparation for each contest there is grocery shopping, packing their car, setting up the kitchen. At the end of the contest they reverse that process and load up everything for the long drive home. Most of us simply flop down in our favorite easy chair but not the Wilmunders. They have all the foodstuff that must be put away. From start to finish, hours upon hours are dedicated to your enjoyment. I don't know how many of you heard it but at the November pilot's meeting, Aric mentioned that he wanted to "move things along" because he sacrificed a family gathering to be at the field.

Aric, Kevin, thank you very much for a wonderful experience and 2017 contest season.

Another, less visible, member who sacrificed and worked many long hours for our benefit was Scott Meader. Throughout the year, Scott would make the hour-long pilgrimage to Davis from his home in Loomis to keep the field groomed. If there were an hour-meter on that mower, I'm sure we'd be astounded at the number of hours that Scott logged. The field always looked great. That doesn't just happen. It gets done!

Thank you Mr. Meader and congratulations on your winning 2017 season.

Aric, Kevin, Scott . . . SVSS would not be the same without you guys.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2017, 12:47 PM
I agree 100%!!!

Quick Reply