HobbyKing Mini-Q Indoor Car Racetrack - RC Groups

HobbyKing Mini-Q Indoor Car Racetrack

Just because it's cold or rainy outside, it doesn't mean you can't have fun racing your favorite micro cars. The Mini-Q Indoor Car Racetrack is perfect for getting your racing itch scratched indoors.

Splash

Don't Let the Weather Stop Your Fun

Just because it's cold or rainy outside, it doesn't mean you can't have fun racing your favorite micro cars. The Mini-Q Indoor Car Racetrack is perfect for getting your racing itch scratched indoors. The track is designed to run 1/24 - 1/32 scale rc cars and trucks and it's made from vinyl that provides plenty of traction.

The track comes in pieces that interlock together with no need for glue or tape. There are plastic rails to support the track and provide a clear path for the track layout. Each track piece is 450x450mm and the set includes 96 tiles for a total track area of 5400 x 3600mm (17.72 x 11.81 feet). It should make for some great fun with your buddies on a dreary winter's day.

Check out the HobbyKing Mini-Q Indoor Car Racetrack here

Specifications:

• Material: Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)
  • Tile size: 450 x 450mm
  • Part count: 96 tiles/96 rail sections
  • Rail height: 30mm
  • Dimensions: 5400 x 3600mm

Dec 05, 2017, 10:18 AM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Nice way to race indoor and keep hair off axles, however it is quite pricey.
Dec 05, 2017, 12:08 PM
I dont like crashes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
however it is quite pricey.
I think so too! I have tried to make my own DIY version.
I wasnt able to finish!
Here you can see my plans!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...plan-below-100
Dec 05, 2017, 03:21 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Silberner,
The plans look good. Homemade is definitely the way to go if the Hobbyking price stays that high.
Dec 05, 2017, 04:10 PM
I dont like crashes!
Two things to concern!

First is that the puzzle mats, the glue and the material for the rails can get expensive in summary.

Second is that it is difficulty to make a diy track like the hk one which can be used for different tracks.

I mean that with the hk track you can built every style of track you want. With a diy track you will have only one kind of track.

So maybe the hk one is also a good choice. Especially when it is on a sale!
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Dec 05, 2017 at 04:21 PM.
Dec 05, 2017, 04:19 PM
I dont like crashes!
Another suggestion or idea.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...oor-RC-Car-Fun

Plan D looks cool for drifting!
Dec 05, 2017, 04:57 PM
Low budget fun
I think it's expensive because of the border rails.
I once visited my local track and the owner uses rubber strips and nail them down to the floor. They work really well and don't damage the car when we have a crash.
Dec 05, 2017, 05:47 PM
Cant you just search Ebay or Google for RCP mini tracks which are probably the same thing, but
cheaper.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCP-Track...&wl13=&veh=sem
Dec 05, 2017, 08:42 PM
I dont like crashes!
Still expensive
http://www.technicalrp.com/catalog/r...6-p-36425.html
Dec 07, 2017, 08:31 PM
I assume this is just a copy of RCP Tracks?

However I see they sell them from the USA warehouse so possibly they are re-selling RCP.
Dec 11, 2017, 03:17 PM

SoCal Mini-Z Program at world famous PN Racing

Cool product for those who have room to keep it set up continuously i.e. in a 3 car garage etc.

If you live in Southern California Make sure you check out the monthly mini-z program, at PN Racing.
All info& weekly activity updates can be found HERE.,Join in the fun!...NEXT weekend Track Day is On January 7th from 10:00 to 6:00.