New iRangeX IRX4+ ( plus ) PPM mode - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 04, 2017, 11:29 PM

New iRangeX IRX4+ ( plus ) PPM mode

9x and the iRangeX IRX4 plus module bound to my JJRC H36 (2 min 30 sec)

Must be a real Bear for folks that dont want to run Open Tx , flash their firmware , or learn something new just to have fun !
Well iRangeX has brought out the IRX4+ ( plus ) which allows folks to just run PPM output and manually select the protocol from the back of the module .

Both my 9XR and 9XR pro have been flashed with firmware that allow the use of the older IRX4 module .
So the only Transmitter I had lying around gathering dust ( literally ) was my older Flysky 9x . Now the original module did not fit the 9x due to the design of the IRX4 case around the pins .. This has been corrected with the IRX4+ and I am happy to say the new IRX4+ fits in the back of my 9x perfectly .

To use the new IRX4+ one merely needs to chose PPM for the output , pop in the module and chose the protocol to run ..
From 1 to 15 there is no green light . From 16 - 31 you need to activate the green light .
Activating ( de ) the green light .

Push down the bind button , turn on the transmitter , hold the bind button for about 3 seconds - green light comes on .. Now you can select a protocol from the 16 - 31 range .
The JJRC H36 uses protocol 16 and binds automatically when the transmitter is turned on .
To turn off the green light = Push the bind button and turn on the Tx holding the bind button for about 3 seconds .

You need to be out off the green mode to chose between serial mode and PPM mode .. ( If you move the module from Tx to Tx as I have done )

So there you have it ! Now you can play with a multi protocol module and not have to change your Firmware . Just be aware there are fewer models to chose from in PPM mode ..

I purchased the IRX4+ from Banggood and FYI the price has just recently been lowered ...

I did not have to move channels around with the 9x , but I did have to reverse two channels . Also may I suggest activating throttle hold before playing .. So setting up the model was relatively easy compared to say Open Tx where usually I have to re assign channels when setting up a new model . I can see how this can be challenging and may take away from what should be a heap of fun ..

Well , now you have the IRX4+ to play with in PPM mode ..
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply