Flight Controller with OSD etc - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 04, 2017, 11:41 PM
Discussion

Flight Controller with OSD etc

I have recently built a SkyShadow S800 wing (Banggood RTF kit).

I am interested in upgrading the flight controller to one with On Screen Display (such as false horizon) and other features such as GPS/Return To Home.

What are the suggested options?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2017, 05:07 AM
There are two ways to go basically:

PNF way, where the setup time is reduced to minimum, but is a bit more expensive like:

F2S Flight Controller with M8N GPS

Or the DIY way, where you need to deal with soldering and software like inav. It require more setup time, but is rather cheap.

Omnibus F4 V2.1 Flight Controller

Ublox NEO-M8N Flight Controller GPS

Mini Micro JST 1.0mm SH 6-Pin Connector Plug

The choice is yours, I tried both ways, and both have the good and bad points.

Best regards
Dec 12, 2017, 01:17 AM
Cheers. Might try the easier/more expensive way first.
Dec 16, 2017, 07:53 PM
Expensive and inexpensive ways outlined here:

http://chrisgood.com/rcplanes/bluewi...ing/index.html

EagleTree or something similar: $150+

Flip32 / MWOSD + GPS: $17 + lots of soldering

Chris
Dec 21, 2017, 10:07 AM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
I too want to get instrumentation for my FPV.

Chris, I didn't see any direction home arrow. Is that feature available. Have you tried a wider angle lens?
Dec 21, 2017, 10:17 AM
Return home and the return home direction is available on the Flip32 + MWOSD via the iNav flight software and MWOSD software, but I do not have it enabled. I have not gone beyond LOS with this setup. Same thing for the EagleTree system - it can do it, but I don't have it turned on.

The lens is listed as 'wide angle lens' in the item description, but Banggood has stopped selling it, so the old web page is gone.

https://www.banggood.com/800TVL-FPV-...p-1005391.html

Chris
Dec 29, 2017, 10:30 PM
The viewing angle was a little tight for my liking so I upgraded to this:

https://www.banggood.com/FPV-800TVL-...r_warehouse=CN
Yesterday, 08:16 PM
I just received the F2S FC (with GPS and Galvanometer?). Anyone know where I can source instructions in English?
Today, 08:13 AM
There is no English manual. Anyhow, 99% of the information regarding this flight controller is on its dedicated thread.

F2S Flight Controller & OSD for FPV Aircraft

Regards

Quick Reply