MASSIVE 1/6th -- RTR Jeep Rubicon -- New Bright / ClodBuster -- 100% Custom build! - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by WRXronald, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 04, 2017, 12:19 PM
Trader Rating: 6
$1,249.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

MASSIVE 1/6th -- RTR Jeep Rubicon -- New Bright / ClodBuster -- 100% Custom build!

EBAY Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/322923053896

Vintage New Bright / ClodBuster ---- JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON TJ

***BEYOND CUSTOM***
•TWIN BRUSHLESS MOTOR POWER!!!
•Rock Crawler -- 100% READY-TO-RUN!!!
•9 Channel Transmitter and batteries included!
•4s 4800mah Lipo included!! (2hrs run time)
•RC4WD TracGear locked front & rear ClodBuster MOA Axles! Plus RC4WD Metal narrowed Beadlock wheels on narrow Max Mashers!
•Thunder Tiger Racing -- TTR CVD's --- Bullet Proof!
•All Metal axle internals at all four corners!
•2x Holmes Hobbies Brushless Puller motors -- Mad Torque!
•2x Kontronic JAZZ 40-6-18 Brushless ESC's -- $180 per ESC!
•2x High Power 5amp/6volt BEC's
•2x Super High Torque Steering Servos -- 430oz/in -- metal gears!

Programmable on the fly -- 9 Ch Transmitter -- switch controls --
•HI / LO power switch on Tx for speed on the trail or slow on the rocks
•4 wheel steering with four modes on Tx --
◦Front Wheel steering only
◦Front wheel steering + 15% rear steer assist
◦Front + 100% Rear steering -- super tight turn radius!
◦Front + Fully Independent Rear steering --- able to control rear on its own Rudder stick. (all other modes, F&R operate from standard right hand steering stick -- Aileron)

Vids on YouTube -- 1st one is better rock crawl demo, 2nd one is better tutorial on functionality of Tx, etc. 3rd is display of strength the chassis base alone pulling 25lbs dead weight -- over double its own weight!

FOR SALE: RC 1/6th Scale Rock Crawler - Jeep Rubicon - ClodBuster / NewBright - Not SCX10 (14 min 23 sec)

MASSIVE 1/6th -- RTR Jeep Rubicon -- New Bright / ClodBuster -- 100% Custom build! (17 min 1 sec)

HUGE RC Chassis 1/6th Scale Pulling 25lbs DEAD WEIGHT!!! Not SCX10 (0 min 39 sec)

This rig can climb a massively steep rock inclines --- has proven itself at Nelson Ledges in Ohio!

It has GOBS of weight hidden inside the front wheels via lead wheel weights.

This RIG is truly unstoppable and as cool and big as they come in the RC Crawler world.

Now is your chance to own a piece of history!!!

Clod Buster axles, New Bright Jeep Body, etc ---- none of it manufactured any longer --- Extremely Rare stuff here!

Bid with Confidence --- 15yrs Ebayer with 100% satisfaction rating.

Please Note -- Cost of shipping includes full insurance -- if the item is lost or damaged, due to its expense --- this protects both of us!

(1/24 Scale micro Jeep and micro pick-up truck pictured on the bottom of Jeep TJ are not included in this auction). Just pictured to give you an idea how HUGE this 1/6th Jeep is!
Last edited by WRXronald; Dec 06, 2017 at 05:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2017, 05:11 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Do you have any pics/video next to a standard 1/10 size crawler? Sweet build!
Dec 04, 2017, 10:48 PM
Hey thank you much for the kind words!

I'm sorry --- don't believe I do -- and I sold my SCX 1/10 Jeep Rubi build a few months back as well; kind of have been slimming down my collection to just the essentials, and mostly in Micro sized rc realm.

I believe may still have a pair of 1.9 Flat Iron tires left over from the SCX10 build. Tomorrow I will at least get a pic of the Rig set against the 1.9's..... so you can see how massive these wheels/tires are in comparison ----- might help picture what she looks like up against a 1/10 Rubicon that is scaled out with 1.9's. Trust me when I say, its a SIZEABLE difference, LOL!

I have plenty of old YouTube Videos of the rig going at Nelson's Ledges some years back as well under my YouTube profile. It wasn't Brushless for quite a few of those vids back then, nor did it have 2.4 GHZ or shiftable Hi/Lo and adjustable Steering settings back then.

It also broke axles at various times in years past, until I found, purchased, & installed the TTR CVD's ---- I have bound up axles in rocks and crevices many times since that install and NEVER have even tweaked an axle, let alone shown any signs of damage or breakage ----- these axles truly are bullet proof and are probably the SOLE reason I will flinch to sell this rig for any less than $1000 === NOBODY can get these CVD's anymore for the ClodBuster --- let alone inside of a basaZZ set of Clod Buster axles ready to roll! And because of the size and weight of Clod Axles ----- my analysis is that no Clod based rig is even worth owning these days if it doesn't have the TTR CVD's mod ---- because you'll break axles if you want to get serious with anything other TTR. I tried them all, Integy, HotRacing, etc ---- all of them snapped like butter. I went back to Nelson's and tried all the same obstacles that were giving me trouble before TTR CVD's, and I conquered every single one of them, to the point that the RIG still runs like a mad machine to this day! I simply made it even better with new 2.4 Ghz Tx and adjustable programming -- all soldered wired up to deliver 1 signal to BOTH front & rear ESC's simultaneously driving not 1 but 2 Brushless Holmes Hobbies Outrunners, I believe each is approx. 800kv ---- very low RPM with very HIGH TORQUE profile.

In terms of what I put into the Jeep in cash.... its hard to count all up...

-- RC4WD 1/6th Beadlock 7075 Aluminum Wheels -- $250
-- RC4WD Clod Buster metal gears guts f&r -- $250
-- RC4WD Clod Buster metal axle tubes, knuckles, skid plates, steering linkage, servo mounts, f&r -- $300
-- Thunder Tiger Racing "TTR" CVD's -- $200
-- Holmes Hobbies Brushless puller motors x 2 --- $150
-- Kontronik JAZZ 40-6-18 Brushless ESC's x 2 -- $360
-- High Voltage / Amperage BEC's x 2 -- $50
-- New Bright Jeep Rubicon 1/6th body -- $250 (foldable mirrors, foldable windshield, light bar, full interior, LED ready, JEEP licensed high detail 2006 Jeep TJ, highly desirable black/silver original color scheme, and Rubicon decals in perfect condition).
-- Custom built aluminum channel chassis & 4 Links, and front skid plate --- $50
-- High Torque steering servos x 2 (JR & Airtronics) --- 430oz/in torque per servo x 2 --- $150
-- Max Mashers tires x 4 -- $50
-- Integy massive oil reservoir extra tall shocks x 8 -- $200
-- RC4WD shock boots to cover each massive shock x 16 -- $100  (two boots per 8 shocks!)
-- 4s 4800mah 45C Lipo -- $50
-- 9ch 2.4 Ghz Tx & Rx -- $150
-- Darth Vader officially licensed driver --- $25
-- Model also comes with 4 other 6ch capable micro Rx's that are fully compatible with this 2.4 Ghz Tx ---- you can program and run plenty of models with this Tx if you so choose! (Turnigy Assan brand --- this Tx has worked flawlessly for me for years now!)   $50.

COUNTLESS hours of time invested building over the years!! Then hours testing, improving, retesting to ensure reliability and strength. --- Tried & Tested on Tough terrain at Nelson Ledges quarry park!

Gosh its crazy (and my wife would go nuts!) looking at what I spent to build it ---- easily over $2000!

At $1000 asking price --- its not even close to fair for me LOL! Simply couldn't even build it today for that even if the parts were still stocked and available!

EBAY Auction will begin 10 days tomorrow at 12noon Eastern, I will provide link in a bump here at that time.

Last edited by WRXronald; Dec 05, 2017 at 12:25 AM.
Dec 05, 2017, 09:45 AM

New pics & Ebay link...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322923053896

Auction is up on EBAY...

Pics below against a set of 1.9 Flat Irons --- set out to the 1/10 scale SCX10 Long wheelbase length...

You get the idea I hope -- this rig is MASSIVE, there is not another one like it anywheres, let alone listed for sale at half the cost it was to build just in parts alone!!!

Narrowing the RC4WD 7075 Aluminum Bead Lock Wheels and the Max Masher tires took me EONS of HOURS!!! Its done right and has withstood the test of time!! I thought it looks awesome and MUCH better than excessive wide tires on Jeeps ---- this gives 100% the effect of the Jeep rolling around on 39 inch tires with 20 inch wheels, as a scale effect.

NO OTHER RC JEEP around has this custom wheel/tire setup, along with the vintage & custom scale A.R.E Outlaw II like wheel inserts!!

Center skid has 100% CLEARANCE over top of a 1/10 scale free standing 1.9 Flat Iron tire!! And that sitting on SAGGY tires of its own --- OVER 1 foot tall and approx 2 feet long!!

Last edited by WRXronald; Dec 05, 2017 at 09:58 AM.