Dec 08, 2017, 11:58 AM
Closed Account
Fla is February sounds like fun. I will have to see if I can make it happen this year. Who knows I might make it to more than one event in 2018.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2017, 12:30 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Dave I updated the form for registration at Roy's request to include some additional information regarding shirt options. I think it generated a new URL. Would you mind updating yours with the one that I posted in my earlier thread?

Yes shirt options!!!

That means those of you Johnny-on-the-spot early bird types, Austin, Nathan, Ivo, Jason, Mickey, Steve, David, Roy, Ed, Shane, Robert, Oleg, Jeff, Dave, need to contact me for your shirt type and color.

Type: Collared - White ONLY or T-Shirt (color options)
Color for T-Shirts: White, Grey, Tan, Dull Blue

Hit me up via PM or at mikejr83 at the gmail dawt com and I'll update the sheet.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Dec 08, 2017, 02:07 PM
Thanks Mike!

-roy
Dec 08, 2017, 05:55 PM
I'm in! Any chance of a 3XL option for us fat men? Can't wait to see everyone again. ��
Dec 08, 2017, 07:24 PM
Bob, sign up and then pm me.
Dec 08, 2017, 08:04 PM
Can't wait for this! this has become the southern DLG championship, show up or shut your mouth!
Dec 15, 2017, 10:36 PM
Ben
Looking forward to kicking some serious butt! See you there. Ben
Dec 17, 2017, 11:35 AM
IHeartDLG
Signed up, tentatively, for now.
Dec 18, 2017, 03:32 PM
Signed up too. Hope to make it my second F3K. I couldn’t find much on camping options. The state park web site didn’t have much info, either. Do most of you camp at the flying field or nearby? Are the campsites near the field?
Dec 18, 2017, 03:49 PM
Doug is coming!! You picked the best two contests on the east coast to dive in. Most of us stay at the econo lodge or comfort in over on 441 where is crosses 75. ~10 min drive from the field.
Dec 18, 2017, 06:07 PM
Links to the motels? Sooo looking forward to it. 😀😀😀
Dec 18, 2017, 06:17 PM
Free Flight rubber flyer
What's the entry fee?

Yes I'm signed up.
Dec 18, 2017, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinhlg
Doug is coming!! You picked the best two contests on the east coast to dive in. Most of us stay at the econo lodge or comfort in over on 441 where is crosses 75. ~10 min drive from the field.
I’m hoping to make it. My leg needs worked on and my guy is in winter Park, Fl, so I’m hoping to combine it into one trip south. Thanks for the info. It’ll be easier to travel without my camping gear.

Now I just have to fix my Vibe and build my new Go Mini.
Dec 20, 2017, 11:26 AM
Where can I get more information about this? This would be my first DLG competition (though not my first RC Plane event). My questions include: Is on site RV Camping allowed? Besides my DLG (and support gear), what else do I need to bring? What is "Friday 1 meter / Half-pint World Championship (Unofficial)"? Will there be instructions about contest rules for first time participants? When is it expected to finish (for planning trip home)? ...
Dec 20, 2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitogre
Where can I get more information about this?
HERE!

Quote:
This would be my first DLG competition (though not my first RC Plane event).
SWEET! Newcomers, first time participants, spectators, your mom and dad, etc are all welcome!!!

Quote:
My questions include: Is on site RV Camping allowed?
I think we'll be able to have RV campers allowed again this year. I'm not sure if Dave has confirmed camping yet this year with the park ranger. We have to get permission first because the park normally closes at dark, hence no camping. However, in years past we haven't had a problem having tents and RVs. Just remember there will be no hook ups and I'm also thinking that fires won't be permitted.

Quote:
Besides my DLG (and support gear), what else do I need to bring?
Your A game? LOL. You should bring anything you would need to compete (and camp). Having stuff to make field repairs is a must. A pop-up shade tent, a folding table, and chairs are a pretty good idea to bring. Others should have good suggestions too.

Quote:
What is "Friday 1 meter / Half-pint World Championship (Unofficial)"?
"Normal" DLG contests mostly focus on a 1.5 meter DLG as defined in the FAI rules. On Friday we have an informal formal contest for the slightly smaller 1 meter DLGs. Examples of these would be the HobbyKing balsa 1m DLG, a Falke, the Strike 2, and the Go Mini. You could fly a E-Flite WhipIt if you so choose!

Since there isn't really a WC event dedicated to the 1m models we hold the unofficial one here. It's a very prestigious event to win!

Quote:
Will there be instructions about contest rules for first time participants?
As I mentioned above, we really like having newcomers and first time contest participants. This group is good at is passing the addiction along! Something that I really like that we do is make sure first timers are paired with a diverse group of veteran fliers. This allows you to 1) meet all the cool people, 2) get some varied perspectives on how to tackle the tasks and 3) get comfortable with the rules.

We're not going to throw you into the fire without help. When signing up you should go for the sportsman class. These participants are learning the ropes, so to speak.

Quote:
When is it expected to finish (for planning trip home)? ...
We finish up early Sunday afternoon. I'm a local so I hangout and do clean-up. We do keep in mind that a lot of people are traveling back to family and work so we don't run the contest late on Sunday afternoon.

Well, hopefully we'll see you out at the field!

Mike G.

Quick Reply