Hubsan H216A X4 DESIRE-PRO - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 06, 2018, 02:17 AM
Jesscarp

Just bought this guy

Ok so I am new to Drones I actually will be using it more for the follow me and circle functions, But am interested in the FPV stuff, it looks like a fun way to fly.

I don't know what headset would work best with this if anyone can turn me on to some info that would be great.

Second... do any of you modify your drones, I would like a stronger cam perhaps.

I look forward to some fun times.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2018, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessCarp
Ok so I am new to Drones I actually will be using it more for the follow me and circle functions, But am interested in the FPV stuff, it looks like a fun way to fly.

I don't know what headset would work best with this if anyone can turn me on to some info that would be great.

Second... do any of you modify your drones, I would like a stronger cam perhaps.

I look forward to some fun times.
FPV on this one works via your mobile device via wifi; you cannot use FPV goggles on it (different frequency). But I think you could try and use one of them cardboard 'goggles' that will hold a phone. Not sure here, as I don't know whether or not the app (which you use on the phone) facilitates that by splitting the overal view into 2 seperate ones (one for each eye). App setting is often called '3D'; see if something like that is present in the app.

What are you looking for in a 'stronger cam'? Higher resolution perhaps? You won't get the highest of resolutions in these cheaper quadcopters. And you cannot simply exchange cameras. If I were you, I'd first deal with the actual flying
Jan 10, 2018, 01:14 PM
Jesscarp

Never even flew... Help

I just received my 216a x4 desire and after getting the satellites and all the motor locked message came on the app. Anyone have any Ideas I really wanted this ... I contacted them and gear best. I am new to this and did even get to start it up. I would not start at all that You can count the battery going down by the second 55,54,53,52
Jan 10, 2018, 01:21 PM
Jesscarp
Well, it never even took off and I purchased the Bugs 6 to FPV fly. If the issue cant be resolved I may have to return the H216.
Jan 10, 2018, 01:27 PM
.. you have to "arm" the motors before launch,, and that should clear the "motor locked" message
Jan 10, 2018, 03:28 PM
I got mine and have to say its one step away from going in the bin, wont connect to my phone (new android running 7.0) have the app enter the wifi password but constantly shows not connected.........yet again i am very disappointed with Hubsan.........should have kept my money in my pocket, and learnt my lesson after the H501
Jan 11, 2018, 04:11 PM
Badass Support Mofo at Hubsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo64
I got mine and have to say its one step away from going in the bin, wont connect to my phone (new android running 7.0) have the app enter the wifi password but constantly shows not connected.........yet again i am very disappointed with Hubsan.........should have kept my money in my pocket, and learnt my lesson after the H501
Hello- we are sorry to hear of the trouble. I represent Hubsan Technical Support here on RCgroups. Could you send me a short video of the problem, starting from the connection process? Make sure that any mobile data is shut off.
Jan 12, 2018, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annegottagun
Hello- we are sorry to hear of the trouble. I represent Hubsan Technical Support here on RCgroups. Could you send me a short video of the problem, starting from the connection process? Make sure that any mobile data is shut off.
I seem to have it working, i put the app on my Lenovo tablet and it worked just fine, seems my 4 month old smartphone is at fault
Jan 12, 2018, 02:29 PM
Hello People!
Need a bit of help here

My android phone says it can't use the app. I never use mobile phones and not sure my attempt to install and use the app was correctly done.

Is there any info or listing that can inform buyers which particular android phones can use the x-Hubsan app?

Also, is it possible to use the android phone plugged into a pc for viewing the live FPV feed on the pc monitor, or in any way using the pc in conjunction with the drone?

Is there any way to eliminate use of a phone in the equation?
Last edited by LittleFish; Jan 12, 2018 at 02:42 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
Hello People!
Need a bit of help here

My android phone says it can't use the app. I never use mobile phones and not sure my attempt to install and use the app was correctly done.

Is there any info or listing that can inform buyers which particular android phones can use the x-Hubsan app?

Also, is it possible to use the android phone plugged into a pc for viewing the live FPV feed on the pc monitor, or in any way using the pc in conjunction with the drone?

Is there any way to eliminate use of a phone in the equation?
We recommend using Samsung phones for Android. There are no options for PC at this time.
Jan 12, 2018, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annegottagun
We recommend using Samsung phones for Android. There are no options for PC at this time.
annegottagun,
Thank you. I can borrow a Samsung. It was purchased in 2017 - I hope it's modern enough.
Jan 12, 2018, 08:00 PM
Thank you, I am getting connection with a Samsung J120 phone. Looking good so far.
Ordering the Wifi extender, T00nz. Great demo video!
Jan 14, 2018, 11:57 AM
I had a short flight with the little Hubsan today...............i rather like it, better when new phone arrives then i can try waypoints but its a nice little flyer
Jan 16, 2018, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
annegottagun,
Thank you. I can borrow a Samsung. It was purchased in 2017 - I hope it's modern enough.
That should be recent enough, yes.
Jan 17, 2018, 09:36 AM
Good day!
I bought a hubsan x4 model H216A wish about drone fpv wifi RC Quadcopter RTF ! The parcel is on the way. Before start I want to know what parts from the same model series 502 and 216. What kind of motors, screws, bearings, housing, LEDs, and so on. These models have the same mechanics? What is identical?
Thank You Nikita

Quick Reply