Hubsan H216A X4 DESIRE-PRO - RC Groups
Dec 04, 2017, 05:55 AM
Discussion

Hubsan H216A X4 DESIRE-PRO

New Hubsan successor to the H502, still with brushed motors but now with 1080p camera!

There are already listings on this new Hubsan quad:

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Hubs...TF-389674.html

https://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-H216...r_warehouse=CN

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_1317310.html

Highlights

Follow Me Mode

With Follow Me, the aircraft will automatically follow you and capture your every move from a unique aerial perspective.

Headless Mode

Headless mode ensures that the quadcopter will always follow controls from your perspective all the time, regardless of which way the quad is facing.

WIFI FPV

The WIFI enabled FPV camera is mounted on the aircraft, to broadcast the live video to the pilot on the ground.

1080P HD Camera

The built in 1080P camera are tuned amazingly to capture pictures and videos from the sky.

Waypoint Fly

After take-off,simply select your destination on-screen and the drone will fly directly to the selected point.

Automatic Take-off / Retrun Home

A simple press of a button allows the H216A to automatically take flight paired with the Waypoint function.If the 2.4GHz remote control lost connection with the drone, or the drone's power levels are too low, the H216A will automatically return home.

Automatic Hover

Precise automatic hovering a streamlined body,combined with powerful engines and a stable flight control system create a superior hover capability.

Specification
General

Brand: Hubsan
Item No.: H216A
Frequency: 2.4G
Channel: 4CH
Gyroscope: 6 Axis
Color: Black
Quadcopter Size: 18 X 18 X 6cm
Quadcopter Weight: 162g (Including Battery)
Rotor Size: 150mm
Battery: 7.4V 610mAh Li-po Battery
Maximum Current: 6A
Camera: HD 1080p
Transmitter Battery: 4 x 1.5V AAA(Not Included)
Control Distance: About 70m
Flight Time: About 12minutes
Charging Time: About 150minutes
Package Size: 40 x 20.7 x 8cm
Package Weight: 0.95kg
Package Contents

1 x Hubsan H216A RC Quadrocopter
1 x 7.4V 610mAh Battery
1 x Remote Control
1 x Charger
4 x Propellers(2 X CW 2 X CCW)

According to the second picture below there will be 2 different controllers; the white one seems to have more buttons but other than that it's not very obvious what the difference is

Really hope the 1080p camera delivers a more neutral image than my H502E; if that's the case the H216A will be a great upgrade from the H502
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Dec 05, 2017 at 04:47 AM. Reason: adding pic and link
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2017, 04:52 AM
First video I've found about this new Hubsan, but it's in Russian, so I cannot really follow what it's all about. And no onboard video samples

Новый квадрокоптер Hubsan X4 H216A GPS [rc-today.ru] (4 min 40 sec)
Dec 05, 2017, 06:16 AM
Other than way-points (and higher resolution camera), I am not sure I see this as a step forward. Shorter range, laggy WiFi 2.4 ghz video, and you have to use your cell phone as a monitor, incompatible with existing FPV goggles.
To get a bit more from the video, turn on closed caption, then left-click the "gear" icon at the bottom, and select translate to English (through a menu). And you get a translated subtitle stream.
Last edited by addertooth; Dec 05, 2017 at 06:27 AM.
Dec 05, 2017, 07:07 AM
Ok so is this thing "smart WiFi" where the cell phone links to the transmitter (aka DJI style) or does the cell phone connect to the quad directly?

That's a neat tip, addertooth, to use the youtube cc translate function! I gotta go back to some previously viewed off-language videos & try that out!
Dec 05, 2017, 09:48 PM
It is like the Yuneec Breeze, the quad connects to the phone via Wi-Fi and the controller connects to the phone via Bluetooth.
Dec 06, 2017, 12:59 PM
I'm wondering if Hubsan is going to start shipping the H501A with that white controller. I remember Anne posting some pictures of a very similar TX on the H501A feedback thread.
Dec 10, 2017, 11:54 PM
https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopt...ign=shareasale

Available stock at Gearbest
Dec 12, 2017, 04:03 AM
https://www.rcmoment.com/p-rm9564.html can get it 95.99$ with code H216A
Dec 25, 2017, 11:35 AM

Hubsan H216A X4 Desire GPS FPV Explorer Drone Flight Test Review

This low cost GPS drone includes waypoint, follow me, and circle me capability. Mine came from the above GearBest link, and remember to try coupon codes H216AX2, SANTA20 or RC18OFF when there. And here is the WiFi repeater that I used (try the same coupon codes) and here's how to power it.

and here is its flight demonstration
Hubsan H216A X4 Desire GPS FPV Explorer Drone Flight Test Review (27 min 4 sec)

Pros
- The X-Hubsan app provides many features for this quadcopter, most notably waypoint, follow me, and orbit modes.
- Improvements over previous Hubsan H500 series drones includes larger capacity 7.6V 750mah HV battery and 1080p HD camera.
- I got close to 10 minutes flight time with 35% remaining power using the new HV battery. I guess I could have flown it for quite a bit more with this battery. You can also use the 7.4V 610mah LiPo (H500 series) battery with this drone.
- Video is recorded directly to onboard microSD card.
- Can be connected to inexpensive WiFi repeater/amplifier. Doing such can greatly improve FPV and control range to over 300 meters.

Cons
- Brushed motor drone. Requires some minor attention and care to improve motor durability (I'm still on the original motors with my H502E).
- Quadcopter is controlled over WiFi via your phone. The provided controller connects to your phone via Bluetooth for smoother control input. The contoller can not be connected directly to the drone to control it without your phone.
- The X-Hubsan app kept crashing on me when I tried to Bluetooth pair the quadcopter's controller to the app. Not sure if it was my phone's fault, the controller's fault, or more likely the app's fault? Whatever, I prefer flying this quadcopter with my phone/repeater via the app for maximum range performance.
Last edited by t00nz843z; Dec 25, 2017 at 07:54 PM.
Dec 25, 2017, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTheGreat
I'm wondering if Hubsan is going to start shipping the H501A with that white controller. I remember Anne posting some pictures of a very similar TX on the H501A feedback thread.

Hi, Adam,

It will be ready soon

Can take an eye on the Hubsan official website

Merry Christmas
Dec 26, 2017, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annegottagun
Hi, Adam,

It will be ready soon

Can take an eye on the Hubsan official website

Merry Christmas
Anne,
Please see my review above. I could not get Bluetooth to connect to the controller with the version of the app that is currently on Google Play. The app would keep crashing every time that I would attempt to connect the Bluetooth. Please have someone double check the version of the app that is currently on Google Play to confirm that it connects to the H216A controller.
Dec 26, 2017, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
Anne,
Please see my review above. I could not get Bluetooth to connect to the controller with the version of the app that is currently on Google Play. The app would keep crashing every time that I would attempt to connect the Bluetooth. Please have someone double check the version of the app that is currently on Google Play to confirm that it connects to the H216A controller.
Hi Sir,

I saw that

Please try to upgrade to the latest APP version V1.4.3 and ,it can fix the issues

Please have delete the previous version and install the new one

Thanks

Sorry for the inconvenience
Dec 26, 2017, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMan
Ok so is this thing "smart WiFi" where the cell phone links to the transmitter (aka DJI style) or does the cell phone connect to the quad directly?

That's a neat tip, addertooth, to use the youtube cc translate function! I gotta go back to some previously viewed off-language videos & try that out!

Hi Sir,

The drone directly connect to the APP (cell phone ) and blue tooth transmitter connect to the APP ,use the blue tooth controller to control the APP and use APP to control the drone

Thanks
Jan 03, 2018, 11:07 AM
I have ordered one of these, should be here in about 3 weeks if Gearbest get there finger out, will post my thoughts on it, i wanted a small gps quad that would fly nice from a phone, so this fits the bill, also ordered a wifi repeater and power tank, just cant seem to find extra lipo`s for this other than the 502 610mah lipo
Jan 05, 2018, 10:37 AM
Does any one know where to get extra 750mah lipo`s for this quad

Quick Reply