Nov 17, 2004, 12:23 AM
Thread OP

I have a three pack a day habit!

Well, after a few weeks of scanning the post here and one week of building, tweaking, and tightening....I have a a flying Corona! I have been racing home like a kid at Christmas and flying everyday.

Complete blast!

Thanks for all the help!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2004, 12:48 AM
Non Practicing A&P Tech
Hi my name is Luis and I too am a copterholic.

I run home to the pleasure of hover at about this time every morning to do three packs a day also.

Luis~
Nov 17, 2004, 12:50 AM
http://www.rcflightstore.com/
Like you, When I first started, I would plan my whole day so I can get as many flights in as possible. I believe my record was a 14 pack day.
Last edited by heli-nek; Nov 17, 2004 at 12:53 AM.
Nov 17, 2004, 12:51 AM
http://www.rcflightstore.com/
Sorry double post.
Nov 17, 2004, 05:25 AM
Wish I had time for a three pack a day habit!

Nick t
Nov 17, 2004, 07:06 AM
Professional Tinkerer
Yes,since we are all coming to recognise our problem it helps to express it to others. And I too have this joyful infliction lol. No kidding since I've been able to fly arouind without severe crashes I've been flying every chance I get. I have two Corona's 1-brushless and a stock except voyager landing gear version. I fly them alternating to let the first cool down. I know ,SICK but you gotta have a vice.

have fun you sicko's,Rick
Nov 17, 2004, 07:40 AM
MRP
MRP
Heli Nut
My name is Mark, and I fly two packs in a Corona each day.....

...and I'm grounded at the moment due to a glitch too near the ground to recover. I'm not getting my lunchtime flights and I'm having bad withdrawal pains.

My hands are shaking, and I keep staring out of the window noticing that its not too windy to fly if only.....

I've tried a flight sim but it's just not strong enough - I need the real thing
Nov 17, 2004, 12:21 PM
Thread OP
I should have really confessed to three packs a day for each. I also alternate for cooling. I have a HB that I bash around in the house while the triton is working on the big packs.

Now the question I have is when do you know it is time to shove the right stick forward into real forward flight. Right now I am flying circles, turning left and right but mostly tail in.

I am itching big time to go for it!
Nov 17, 2004, 12:28 PM
Hi... my name is tony... and I've been a social user, on and off for 19 years. It all started harmlessly enough when the local pusher (hobby shoppe) made me a deal on a GMP Cricket back in 85. since then, I've tried to quit... but right now I burn as may packs as I can in a day. At least I managed to kick my nitro habbit.
Nov 17, 2004, 02:07 PM
---------Speed!!---------
Hi, my name is Matt and I am a Corona pusher.

I know I have addicted many a Corona pilot, and I must confess, I am not at all sorry! After all, no-one is forcing my customers to buy ther helis and upgrades. It is THEIR choice. They are adults and they can make their OWN decisions. After all, this is a "Victimless" addiction. We can merely enjoy getting "High" (pun intended ) without hurting anyone. Why is that a problem?

Matt............

Corona General's warning;
"RC heli use can result in shortness of breath and heart pounding."

"Use at your own risk!"
Last edited by Heli Mod Man; Nov 17, 2004 at 02:10 PM.
Nov 17, 2004, 02:22 PM
Convert!
you guys think that is bad? try going to boarding school, and having a workshop there, with pretty much all your model. there were days I flew so many different things, from say a skyskooter, to a dlg glider, to some e-3d plane, like a diabolic, to another foamy. usually, though when i can fly now, I need at least 2 flights to make it worthwhile.

Rhett
Nov 17, 2004, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRP
My hands are shaking, and I keep staring out of the window noticing that its not too windy to fly if only.....
I know the feeling............ 6 weeks ago I got my Eolo completely vibration-free. It flew as from heaven!!!!! Weeks of work were put in to come to this result..... 5 weeks ago I felt from 10 feet high: broke my back and ruined my right thumb...... since I left the hospital after the operation and got home (2 weeks now) there has been no wind at all round my place.......... seems that some-one is pulling my leg........... At this moment no flights per day but I'll be back!!
Nov 17, 2004, 06:13 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Hi..........my name is Gary and I'm totally addicted to flying my Corona in the backyard. I fly almost everyday at lunchtime and at least once or twice in the evening after work. Like Heli-Mod-Man said it causes your heart to pound, your palms to sweat and shortness of breath! I figured this addiction would be short lived but it seems it only gets worse with the passing of time. The more proficient one becomes the more you have to fly! Flying Realflight G-2 sim just isn't the same but I fly that at night and when the wind is howling. If there's a 12 step program I must be in step 1 still!

Happy Hovering

Gary Morris
Nov 18, 2004, 04:08 AM
MRP
MRP
Heli Nut
Hey Guys - I tried to kick this habit a while ago - but now I'm back here - I have to warn you...

There is this guy - he hangs around the Forums - and whenever he sees a Nooby or someone on the wagon - he kinda wanders up and offers some upgrades. I've even seen he offer a Nooby the first one for free!!

Watch out for this guy - he is going to drag us all down - his name is Hell-Mod-He-Man or some thing like that.

Last edited by MRP; Nov 18, 2004 at 04:12 AM.
Nov 18, 2004, 12:32 PM
Non Practicing A&P Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRP
Hey Guys - I tried to kick this habit a while ago - but now I'm back here - I have to warn you...

There is this guy - he hangs around the Forums - and whenever he sees a Nooby or someone on the wagon - he kinda wanders up and offers some upgrades. I've even seen he offer a Nooby the first one for free!!

Watch out for this guy - he is going to drag us all down - his name is Hell-Mod-He-Man or some thing like that.

Sounds lahk hees dah pushah mahn... pusheen dah stuff dahts gonnah mek yah dicted tu dis stufff mahn....... fo ehvah en ehvah mahn.

Quick Reply