Dec 15, 2017, 09:53 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Deleted
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Dec 20, 2017 at 01:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2017, 10:57 AM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaGo
I was doing research last night. While the PSU is much cheaper than a ready-made power supply, I'll go with a 400W unit from Progressive RC. most I'll need is 15A when charging 10 1500mah 4S batteries at once. Plus I can configure into a case to make my setup portable. The ISDT is only 160W and while it can output 27V DC, max amperage output is only 7.4. wish I understood all this before I purchased it.
If you ever want a bigger PSU and have no idea about it (and I don't want to electrocute yourself) then just have Lipo Connection Solutions make you one. He's a member on here that custom makes PSUs. I had a bunch of stupid questions (lol) and concerns and he answered them all for me and I ordered a custom 750W PSU for $50!

My goal was similar to yours, 10x4S just 1300mah but I wanted to be able to get around 26amps and sustain voltage so that the ISDT would not shut off (damn 11.6v cutoff). I got exactly what I wanted.

iSDT T8 1000W 30A Charger (10 min 40 sec)

So far it's been working I just really hope that my charger doesn't die like I've seen some report
Dec 20, 2017, 11:23 AM
O_o
Thanks for the info!
Jan 02, 2018, 10:25 AM
Vienna calling...
Hi,
anyone managed to put on the protective cover without bubbles?
I was not, got crazy.
As I was not able to put on the protective covers on SC-608, 620 and Q6 (donno, guess have only protective covers for three of the four ISDT charger types I own).

Anyway, T8 is very nice, but the selection button is not good IMO. Like the way of 620 and 608 much more than the way of T8 and Q6. Unfortunately 620 (have 2) and 608 (have 3) are not produced anymore. The "more" perfect chargers IMO, compared to (very good) T8 and Q6.

Walter
Jan 02, 2018, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I'm in the same boat regarding the protective covers. I tried several times and I also cleaned the covers with alcohol before puting the protection but I always get bubbles.

Regarding the selection button, till now I did not faced any problem but I did not used it intensively as this is winter and flights are not frequent.

Regards

John-Steed
Jan 03, 2018, 04:32 PM
O_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Hi,
anyone managed to put on the protective cover without bubbles?
I was not, got crazy.
As I was not able to put on the protective covers on SC-608, 620 and Q6 (donno, guess have only protective covers for three of the four ISDT charger types I own).

Anyway, T8 is very nice, but the selection button is not good IMO. Like the way of 620 and 608 much more than the way of T8 and Q6. Unfortunately 620 (have 2) and 608 (have 3) are not produced anymore. The "more" perfect chargers IMO, compared to (very good) T8 and Q6.

Walter
yes, i failed with the screen protector as well and ended up ditching it. i sent messages to ISDT both through FB and their website before the holidays and still no reply (sure it'll be longer after the Chinese new year) about buying screen protectors separately.
Jan 03, 2018, 09:44 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaGo
yes, i failed with the screen protector as well and ended up ditching it. i sent messages to ISDT both through FB and their website before the holidays and still no reply (sure it'll be longer after the Chinese new year) about buying screen protectors separately.
I bought screen protectors separately, before Banggood included them to the chargers for free. But those are the same, so I did not manage to get the screen protectors I have paid for to put on without bubbles, either. There is no difference.
Still do have several originally packed ISDT protectors here, but meanwhile have given up, because I did not succeed to put on a protector without bubbles.

Actually two (of my three) 608 have screen protectors with bubbles on, all the others (1 x 608, 2 x 620, 1 x Q6, 1 x T8) are without protector. Removed the protector from the T8 again, because it was impossible to get it on pretty. First attempt was "quite ok" (few bubbles), tried to improve, always went worse. The same in the other chargers.

Walter
Jan 03, 2018, 10:22 PM
LUFTGUCKER
clean water and a squirt of dish soap ,apply when wet use a flat piece of cardboard and carefully wipe across and let dry: Bubble free !!
Jan 24, 2018, 05:19 PM
Has anyone managed to, uh, get static electricity inside their ISDT-T8? I've done it accidentally a couple of times now. The screen will become grayed out, as if the light has grown dim. About 10 minutes pass and it slowly exits the screen. Really freaky. It enters right through the button.
Feb 02, 2018, 10:06 AM

inside

isdt t6 lite Disassembled.
Last edited by rccaraction; Jan 11, 2022 at 03:55 AM.
Feb 02, 2018, 10:14 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Now that's a heatsink!
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Feb 02, 2018, 10:38 AM
That is really small

FMA PL8 heatsink

Feb 02, 2018, 10:40 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartk
That is really small

FMA PL8 heatsink

I meant comparatively to the T8. It's shoehorned in there. And yes, you're heatsink is bigger...
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Mar 16, 2018, 02:01 AM
Long term use update: Haven't had any problems with this charger so far beyond that static electricity getting into the screen and it didn't affect it at all. I am staying away from carpets before touching my charger Oh, and I've been using the iSDT-branded PSU recently though, not because my PSU failed but because I left it in another state (on purpose).

iSDT T8 is on sale now over at GB, a solid $12 off of what it usually sells for: https://www.gearbest.com/charger/pp_...?lkid=12322329 (aff)

Same thing going on with Q6 plus and some other iSDT stuff: https://www.gearbest.com/multi-rotor...?lkid=13420350 (aff)

Worth a look if you're considering a new charger. I think the only way this charger could be any better is if they gave it a touch screen so you wouldn't have to use that big button.
Apr 09, 2018, 03:39 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
i just picked up one of these little chargers after killing a Q6 by using it to store batteries...I thought that would be safe but anyways - that died. So I got this and I plugged a single cel lipo into the charger (1000 mah) - it read 3.8 volts before starting the charge cycle...this makes sense as I had just used that battery. The unit immediately produced the finished tone and stopped charging...I plugged the same pack into my Hitech onetouch and it put 480 Mah into the cell...

Quick Reply