iSDT T8 Smart Charger - RCGroups Video Review - Page 2 - RC Groups
Dec 14, 2017, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaGo
What's your power source?
Dedicated 24v on my club field. Two server PSUs @ 26V at home.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2017, 05:56 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
I know you aren't asking me but I have used mine at 30A output parallel charging two 6S 12,000 mah packs a few times but pushing something at max makes me a bit nervous so I usually charge at 20A.
My power source are 2 server power supplies in series for 24 volts. I use either 2x DPS750 for 62 amps output or 2x HP HSTNS-PL14 for 38 amps output.

Rick
You're just the man I'm looking for. I have several of the DPS 750's and have worked out the issue to get them to turn on but, I'm not having any success getting them hooked up in series. I've hooked up neg to pos. between supplies but, when I put my VOM on the remaining pos. & neg. terminals, it reads 12 volts. Is there a trick to it? How can I get 24v out of these supplies?
Dec 14, 2017, 08:49 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
I stack the low 12v on botom and the high 12v (24v) on top.
The pos from bottom goes to the negative of top.
Of course you need to float the board so it is not grounded.

Rick
Dec 14, 2017, 11:28 PM
Quote:
I stack the low 12v on botom and the high 12v (24v) on top.
The pos from bottom goes to the negative of top.
Of course you need to float the board so it is not grounded.

Rick
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it.

I'm not sure what you mean by low 12v and the high 12v (24v)? Both read the same output voltage when measured so, how do I know which one is low and which one is high? (mine are mounted side-by-side with insulation between them).
Also not sure how to float or un-ground the board. Do I need to isolate (insulate) the board from the case or will clipping the ground lead from the AC input do the job? Do I need to float (isolate) the ground on both PS's?
I understand that I need to connect the neg for one supply to the pos of the other and I've done that however, without success.

As you can tell, my knowledge of this stuff is pretty limited. All help will be appreciated.
Dec 15, 2017, 08:25 AM
I will not advise any more on this as I "assumed" you knew more about what you are working with. You are working potentially with something that can electrocute you and I don't want to be responsible for such.
Please, for safety's sake, Google or RC Groups Search this to research how to float the ground on the high side or purchase one already done.

Rick
Dec 15, 2017, 08:29 AM
Or better yet, get a single power supply of the voltage you need and be done with it.
Dec 15, 2017, 12:04 PM
Quote:
I will not advise any more on this as I "assumed" you knew more about what you are working with. You are working potentially with something that can electrocute you and I don't want to be responsible for such.
Please, for safety's sake, Google or RC Groups Search this to research how to float the ground on the high side or purchase one already done.

Rick
Good answer ...if you don't know the answer.
Dec 15, 2017, 12:11 PM
O_o
I was doing research last night. While the PSU is much cheaper than a ready-made power supply, I'll go with a 400W unit from Progressive RC. most I'll need is 15A when charging 10 1500mah 4S batteries at once. Plus I can configure into a case to make my setup portable. The ISDT is only 160W and while it can output 27V DC, max amperage output is only 7.4. wish I understood all this before I purchased it.
Last edited by SaGo; Dec 15, 2017 at 12:32 PM.
Dec 15, 2017, 12:13 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Did you buy one? If the price is right I’d consider buying it from you.
Dec 15, 2017, 12:31 PM
O_o
It's brand new, opened but never taken out of the box. $50 shipped within USA
Dec 15, 2017, 12:39 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
https://alofthobbies.com/isdt-cp1602...r-adapter.html

I’d consider $40.
Dec 15, 2017, 12:40 PM
O_o
Considering Aloft still charges shipping on top off its price (minimum $12) $50 shipped is a steal but I'll consider $40 plus shipping
Last edited by SaGo; Dec 15, 2017 at 01:09 PM.
Dec 15, 2017, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyjoe
Good answer ...if you don't know the answer.
Um, OK.
This is a picture of the DPS750's that I jumped and floated the 12v side ground today before work. I will complete these tonight at home.

Rick.
Dec 15, 2017, 01:27 PM
rowdyjoe, go here and read up and you will learn the way to convert these.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Power-Supplies

Rocl
Dec 15, 2017, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Um, OK.
This is a picture of the DPS750's that I jumped and floated the 12v side ground today before work. I will complete these tonight at home.

Rick.
Those don't look like my Dell N750P-SO (12v, 62.4amp) supplies. Guess we're not talking about the same units?
Glad you figured those out. As soon as I figure mine out I can make as many as I want too.
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Dec 15, 2017 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply