Katie martin int'l tribute 2018 - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by bob57hdt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 14, 2018, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob57hdt
I had thought before about Katie looking down and smiling at us having fun in her behalf. When I read Steve's post, I started to think about it again and instead of her launching a single aircraft, SR-7, Katie or Hobie, I thought she and you would like her smiling down on US the people enjoying her tribute......
I am no artist either and there are things like type that I would like to change....if this is chosen as this years image, I will have someone more talented than I to finalize it.

I created this in a single color because last year we barely broke even on shirts and the idea of the tribute is to honor Katie and make money for her favorite charity.

Bob
You did it good, a thought together to an idea always produce something good, the image is really nice and inspiring. I understand the single color issue and you are right. Many times I think about to see again the people who are no longer physically wtih us, now I have another perspective about they seeing us, beautiful.

Thx.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2018, 07:02 PM
Life is better now

More new faces

Just learned that Keith McLellan is going to join us this year. I recently met Keith, long time friend and flying buddy of Daryl Perkins and Larry Jolly. Together he and I are going to explore the area around Lake Havasu to locate slope flying sites...actually there are plenty...we are looking for ones that have LZ that don't break our airplanes. (Big Rocks here)
Any more new faces that will be attending this year? I read the Hobie Tales thread daily (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Tales/page144) and I see new faces that are talking about attending this year.....If you are new, are bringing a friend or know of someone that is coming for the first time....post it please. We would love to offer encouragement and welcome them.
Bob

PS: Charity Raffle Donor letter will be going out next week. I already have a couple of special items that should make this year very special. It will be tough to top John Cole's Hobie donation last year.
Mar 17, 2018, 08:28 PM
Life is better now

Deadline for Katie T-Shirt design is coming up

Hi everyone,

Here is my idea for the pocket of this years Katie Tribute Event Shirt......

Any more ideas for this years shirt? I would appreciate your response by 3/24/18.

Thanks in advance.....Bob
Mar 17, 2018, 10:05 PM
Faster is Better
Looks good to me Bob.
Latest blog entry: LEG Fat Albert Take 2
Mar 18, 2018, 10:32 AM
Retired. Under new management.
I like both the pocket art and the one from the previous page (but without the lettering). I wonder if you could do both (front and back). Also maybe special order for polo shirts.
Tony
Mar 18, 2018, 11:10 AM
Life is better now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMegowan
I like both the pocket art and the one from the previous page (but without the lettering). I wonder if you could do both (front and back). Also maybe special order for polo shirts.
Tony
Tony,
Not sure what you are suggestion.....No lettering on the back? ..."do both (front and back)" please explain.
Bob
Mar 21, 2018, 10:52 AM
Retired. Under new management.
I would put the pocket art above on the front of the shirt and then the picture of Katie looking down on us (but without the lettering) on the back. I think it would be a great combination. Hoping to have the 2 meter Talon done for the event. I now have all of the parts.
Mar 26, 2018, 08:35 AM
Life is better now
Hello from Lake Havasu City, AZ, USA...It is 6 AM and in the final week for deciding the 2018 Katie Tribute event shirt artwork. We have received several ideas and they all are cool. I would like as many as possible to cast their vote for their preference for this years artwork. Below are your options.....please post your vote for your favorite option. All of these artworks are for the back of the shirt. The front chest will be a small logo like the first year with Katie launching the SR-7.
Mar 26, 2018, 09:39 AM
She's Flying Again

Vote

Bob,
Mine is for option 4, like the simplicity of it.

Regards,
Steve
Mar 26, 2018, 12:11 PM
Pendiente - Madrid - España
I Love Option 6
Mar 26, 2018, 12:52 PM
Option 4.
Mar 26, 2018, 03:40 PM
Option 6
Mar 26, 2018, 05:34 PM
Option 4 Simplicity
Mar 26, 2018, 06:15 PM
I want to believe
I like #1

All the best,
Marty
Mar 26, 2018, 07:09 PM
It was just a flesh wound!
Graphically, #1 is outstanding. It gets my vote. 2nd choice...#6.

Dale

Quick Reply