Katie martin int'l tribute 2018 - Page 4 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by bob57hdt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 24, 2018, 04:17 PM
Faster is Better
I think Bob mentioned making the design a single color in order to keep costs down. So what ever design you guys agree on make sure it works in single color.
Latest blog entry: LEG Fat Albert Take 2
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2018, 09:09 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
I would gladly pay extra for a shirt to offset the cost of extra colors.

Pete
Feb 26, 2018, 02:52 AM
Gots me a good used Hobie Hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR
I would gladly pay extra for a shirt to offset the cost of extra colors.

Pete
I'm seconding Pete on this. What with transportation, food, any fees for flying, and a room if I want to do more than Saturday's Tribute, what's a few more bux for a first-class shirt?

And I'm an old phart on Social Security, so you know that I consider this to be a Special Thing. I'm willing to sacrifice so I can be there, and I can't see going to it and not having a really nice shirt to wear. I'll bring PBJ's and skip the hamburgers so I can pay for a shirt that will do Katie and Bob proud.

We only go around once, notwithstanding what the Swami says, so let's have us a party. Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!

Steve

P.S. I still like my shirt idea, where Katie watches from her cloud as her Hobie is launched off the cliff. But I'm no artist....
Feb 26, 2018, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Corbin
P.S. I still like my shirt idea, where Katie watches from her cloud as her Hobie is launched off the cliff. But I'm no artist....
It would be nice, I've only seen Mrs. Martin's few photos/images to make such a composition Maybe is possible to have some ....
Feb 26, 2018, 07:06 AM
Gots me a good used Hobie Hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA22
It would be nice, I've only seen Mrs. Martin's few photos/images to make such a composition Maybe is possible to have some ....
It amazes me how good they're getting with using tech to create images that look just like a real photograph. Maybe there's a student of that stuff who needs a project, Give him or her a glider and lessons in trade for a cool design.
Mar 04, 2018, 04:08 PM
Life is better now

Legends to attend the Katie Tribute

More good reasons to attend the 2018 Katie Martin International Tribute in Torrey Pines. It appears that Bob Novak, famous Radio Manufacturer and Larry Jolly are planning on attending this years Katie Tribute. Maybe they will be kind enough to allow some of us to get pictures with them.... I know I look forward to meeting and maybe even get to fly with these storied industry legends....Boy , this is going to be great!
Bob
Mar 10, 2018, 01:37 PM
Life is better now

Another idea for the Katie event Shirt

Hi everyone...I follow the Hobie Tales thread and there are a lot of new people saying they are coming to this years Katie Tribute...that is great....I had this crazy idea of a shirt with Katie looking down on us ( and I know she does) with a picture of the attendees from last year....just a thought....needs some work but what do you think? Any other ideas.... we need to finalize by the end of the month.....let me know.
Mar 10, 2018, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob57hdt
Hi everyone...I follow the Hobie Tales thread and there are a lot of new people saying they are coming to this years Katie Tribute...that is great....I had this crazy idea of a shirt with Katie looking down on us ( and I know she does) with a picture of the attendees from last year....just a thought....needs some work but what do you think? Any other ideas.... we need to finalize by the end of the month.....let me know.
Great idea Bob +1
Mar 10, 2018, 02:37 PM
She's Flying Again

Tribute 2018

I second that!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwhite
Great idea Bob +1
Mar 10, 2018, 05:15 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob57hdt
I had this crazy idea of a shirt with Katie looking down on us ( and I know she does) with a picture of the attendees from last year....just a thought....
I like it, Bob. I like it a LOT.

Pete
Mar 10, 2018, 06:24 PM
Pendiente - Madrid - España
That image is very beautiful, I like it a lot.

John Martinez.
Mar 10, 2018, 10:42 PM
Retired. Under new management.
Agree with all of the above. i think it would be a great tribute to a great lady.
Mar 14, 2018, 09:29 AM
NICE image !!! almost the Steve Corbin's proposal , the font can be the "original" one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Corbin
Mar 14, 2018, 11:23 AM
Life is better now

Credit Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA22
NICE image !!! almost the Steve Corbin's proposal , the font can be the "original" one ?
I had thought before about Katie looking down and smiling at us having fun in her behalf. When I read Steve's post, I started to think about it again and instead of her launching a single aircraft, SR-7, Katie or Hobie, I thought she and you would like her smiling down on US the people enjoying her tribute......
I am no artist either and there are things like type that I would like to change....if this is chosen as this years image, I will have someone more talented than I to finalize it.

I created this in a single color because last year we barely broke even on shirts and the idea of the tribute is to honor Katie and make money for her favorite charity.

Bob
Mar 14, 2018, 11:53 AM
It was just a flesh wound!
Wow Bob! Cool idea!!!

Dale

Quick Reply