ProBoat Jet Jam 12" Pool Racers - RC Groups

ProBoat Jet Jam 12" Pool Racers

Pro Boat has a great Christmas gift out in the Jet Jam Pool Racers. These self-righting 12" Jet Drive boats are perfect for first time boat owners and those with smaller ponds and pools.

Splash

Great First RC Boat

Pro Boat has a great Christmas gift out in the Jet Jam Pool Racers. These self-righting 12" Jet Drive boats are perfect for first time boat owners and those with smaller ponds and pools. They feature a jet pump drive system with no exposed propeller to break and it can run in as little as 3" of water. The hulls are tough and even have a rubber bumper to protect them from crashes.

For $89.99, it comes ready to run out of the box and with everything you'll need included. There are two different colors available and multiple decal sheets to make it your own. With the included 2.4Ghz marine radio system, you can run multiple boats at the same time for some racing fun with your buddies. They also include a removeable cup so you can push around a ping pong ball to play pool soccer with.

Check out the ProBoat Jet Jame 12" Pool Racers Here

Dec 01, 2017, 12:31 PM
Grumpa Tom
These look like awesome fun. I loved my Zig Zag racer for the pool. I will definitely be getting this jet drive pool racer.
Dec 01, 2017, 12:41 PM
Soaring Fanatic!
Looks like a nice way to try out jet boating. The bumper at the front is a good design choice and the netted shovel attachment is a cool concept if we can push other boats to safety with it in addition to light weight beach balls. Seems like there's no pitch adjustment but maybe it's not needed. It's just nice to see something different in the market
Last edited by 8thelephant; Dec 01, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
Dec 01, 2017, 07:24 PM
Steps? What steps?
I am happy to see a concerted effort by a major hobby company to try to “mainstream” jet drives for boats. The JetJam and RiverJet appear to be well-engineered boats which feature very high maneuverability along with the improved safety of a jet drive. Not for everyone of course, but a good effort.

Dec 01, 2017, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately, its not a "great Christmas gift" as it will not be available until January, at the earliest...
I'm certainly interested and will probably buy, if only to modify. But really wanted the Proboat river jet too, until all the poor reviews started coming out, and really thought it was way overpriced too
Dont understand why rc boats are not offered as BNF (or bind-and-sail?) either. Cheap TXs that drive up the cost of the RTR packages.
Dec 02, 2017, 12:41 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Xmas 2018
Dec 03, 2017, 03:38 PM
Lol...It might already be discontinued by xmas 18 though!
Dec 03, 2017, 05:40 PM
Just Plane Nutts
With these selling for $89, all those people selling stock NQDs in the same price range may have to drop the inflated asking prices and go back to selling them for $50-$60 ea.. The Proboat would be far easier to mod.

And with the drive in inventory now, maybe Proboat will make their own version of a jet sprint like the Tear Into (hint hint*). I do prefer the look of the latter over the UFO-look of the new boat, so I had to toss that out there with hope...

The self-righting feature of the Pool Racer would make it best for shooting harsh rapids (once power-upgraded, of course). Flip your sprint racer and you'll find yourself chasing it downstream.
Dec 04, 2017, 09:22 PM
AirDogge,
Ah, i do love the NQD jet sprint too... Luckily got my two for modding early on when they were cheap, like 25-30 bucks i think. They are ridiculously overpriced now, especially since everyone wants to gut them out anyway! But the hull isnt bad, and i do love the look of it much better too. But yeah, they certainly arent self-righting...about lost mine a few times actually. They're fairly stable hulls though, especially if theyre not too overpowered like i tried to make one of them!
Wish we could see pictures of the inside of the JetJam, im assuming its using a small brushed motor. Doesn't appear to have watercooling either. Although the self-righting features on other boats use an outrunner brushless for the better torque for flipping the boat...
Guess we'll find out more next year.
Dec 05, 2017, 10:24 AM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
This one looks like tons of fun. The self righting and jet propulsion with the low cost make this one a winner.
Dec 05, 2017, 11:19 AM
but will it take a 3s?
Dec 05, 2017, 03:22 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
HobbyKing small Brushless set, and 2s & 3s =Fun
Dec 13, 2017, 09:07 PM
It uses a 390 brushed motor as stock. Think i already have a few brushless options around, but cant find what the motor shaft diameter is for proper coupling.
Dec 13, 2017, 09:16 PM
Here is link to manual, you can see some drawings of inside the hull and parts listing:

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...dID=PRB08031T1

Stock motor:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/tazer-3...r-22t-dyns1211