Dec 05, 2017, 11:29 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
So you have used High Sierra? That is interesting because the Mac IT chap said it is an issue. High Sierra has only been out a short time, certainly not for a year.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2017, 11:48 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
macOS High Sierra was released to the public on Monday, September 25.
Feb 20, 2018, 05:58 AM
Can anyone confirm that High Sierra is causing issues connecting to BF? I've been trying to get it working for the last 2 hours without luck. I've installed all the drives and am using a data USB cable (I recently got upgraded to a new MBP - BF worked fine old my old mac with the same cable / quad)
Feb 20, 2018, 07:58 AM
Croops,
Last night I configured my Hellbender 122 with my Mac which is updated to High Sierra. I have both the Chrome extension and the individual application for Betaflight working. Hope you find your problem. Tony
Last edited by thouk; Feb 20, 2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Had to sign my name to be polite
Feb 20, 2018, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by croops
Can anyone confirm that High Sierra is causing issues connecting to BF? I've been trying to get it working for the last 2 hours without luck. I've installed all the drives and am using a data USB cable (I recently got upgraded to a new MBP - BF worked fine old my old mac with the same cable / quad)
Some are saying that sometimes in the Privacy and security settings is preventing the connection.
Feb 28, 2018, 12:04 PM
Same problem here updated to OS 10.13 and now I can't connect any FC to Betaflight.. All was working fine last week before the update. Looks like I may buy a cheap refurbed laptop from Walmart and return it after I change my BF settings.
Jul 15, 2019, 04:08 PM
I'm having the same issue here. I am very new to drones (this is my first one - woo hoo!). I'm using CleanFlight, and get the following notifications:

Serial port successfully opened...
No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
Serial port successfully closed

I tried ImpulseOSD but it is not recognizing the hardware, so should I assume that the supposed 'data' cable I have is in fact, nothing of the sort? I'm on a Mac, running Mojave 10.14.5. Many thanks for advice for a noob (yes, this counts as charity work).
Jul 15, 2019, 05:24 PM
Thouk
Noo,
I would find a new data cable. I buy a few a year just to make sure they aren’t broken to alleviate the headaches. Tony
Jul 19, 2019, 03:55 PM
Tony houk - any recommendations on brands? I just purchased another cable that claims to be power and data, but again, nothing. Same error on CleanFlight and ImpulseOSD doesn't recognize it either. This is the third cable I've bought; any suggestions on brands that really are data compatible? I don't trust the claims anymore!
Jul 19, 2019, 08:53 PM
Thouk

No brands recommended

Noobs,
I can’t recommend any brands but I make sure that it says sync cable on the packaging. Don’t buy any of the cables at the gas station. They are probably just charging cables.
One other thing to look at is which “.com port”, I can’t remember the correct terminology Cleanflight uses for the come port. Check the other “ports” to see if they will connect. Can you post a picture of available options for the com ports? Tony
Jul 22, 2019, 06:55 PM
Thanks - I went to the high end fancy shop to make sure I got a data cable, but it is still not working. I tried different ports, and the removal, replug in method mentioned several times, still nothing. ImpulseOSD isn't recognizing it, either.

Any advice on other steps a noob should take?

Quick Reply