Sep 30, 2019, 09:27 PM
If itís that close to shore...and that shallow. Just...GET IN THERE! If you threw on a mask or some swimming googles youíd be able to see it looking down from the serface. And if itís too deep for you to dive down to...you could drop a grappling hook right on it. Donít give up man!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2019, 10:16 PM
So.... see that little red x? thar' she lies... See all that vegetation along the side? Snakes, turtles and duck poop. You can kayak, but not swim in this city park. I did wade in to may waist with a pool pole. Gave up because it got deep really fast as you can see. Came home and boiled my clothes and myself. Probably not an ideal place for a JetJam, but I run all sorts of other boats here too. Almost wish it went down further out, I'd give up.
Oct 01, 2019, 07:11 AM
FPV IT
I know some guys in my area that would dive right in there, gargle some of that stank water to clean there tooth. Then dive down using there good eye to retrieve the boat all for a pack of smokes. Think "The Hills have eyes" Maybe you got some of these characters near ya.
Last edited by TOMZILLA; Oct 01, 2019 at 07:18 AM.
Oct 24, 2019, 09:53 AM
Hi guys! Me and my brother also have a jet jam with a leopard 2845 with 2960kv and drive that with a Hobbywing Seaking 30A and a SLS 3s lipo with 1000mah and 30c. On both boats we have the problem that the jet pulls air while driving. the water is very calm and without / the smallest waves. Do you have an idea what that can be?
Oct 24, 2019, 11:58 AM
assuming calm water, good cg/balance, you will only have a few seconds of full throttle before its inevitable and you have to drive around it, including how you turn which will let some air in from the side. That all said, if you have a bad seal or no grease on the shaft, it will suck air as well, making even more excessive.

I think the graupner mini jet seal would work, since this is a clone that drive.
https://www.graupnerusa.com/Mini-Jet-Part-23495.html
Oct 24, 2019, 03:27 PM
Jetdrives R Us
The function of the seal is to hold the grease in. The grease stops it from sucking air (losing prime). Use a good, sticky marine grease such as Proboat and it will last longer between applications. Reapply when it starts pulling air again.
Oct 24, 2019, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware
assuming calm water, good cg/balance, you will only have a few seconds of full throttle before its inevitable and you have to drive around it, including how you turn which will let some air in from the side. That all said, if you have a bad seal or no grease on the shaft, it will suck air as well, making even more excessive.

I think the graupner mini jet seal would work, since this is a clone that drive.
https://www.graupnerusa.com/Mini-Jet-Part-23495.html

ah ok, thank you. i will check the grease. where exactly is the seal used?
Oct 25, 2019, 09:35 AM
as sundogz said, it's the grease.. you have to periodically pull the shaft out and grease it. I added a small hole with waterproof hatch tape to regrease it without disassembly. If you can't keep the grease in for a couple runs, then the seal is probably worn out. The seal isn't something commonly replaced, but I mentioned it because I see you've got a brushless motor and I found with mine, those small imbalances/vibrations that arent a big deal on brushed motors, seem to take their toll with brushless motors. I had two hulls, my brushed one had no issue keeping grease in.. and at first neither did my brushless jetjam. But after a few runs with a wonky rubber coupler, it seemed to not hold grease well anymore and would lose prime more easily. If it wasn't resting at the bottom of a lake right now, I would probably replaced the pump or tried to find a seal eventually.
Last edited by tware; Oct 25, 2019 at 03:14 PM.
Oct 25, 2019, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware
as sundogz said, it's the grease.. you have to periodically pull the shaft out and grease it. I added a small hole with waterproof hatch tape to regrease it without disassembly. If you can't keep the grease in for a couple runs, then the seal is probably worn out. The seal isn't something commonly replaced, but I mentioned it because I see you've got a brushless motor and I found with mine, those small imbalances/vibrations that arent a big deal on brushed motors, seem to take their toll with brushless motors. I had two hulls, my brushed one had no issue keeping grease in.. and at first neither did my brushless jetjam. But after a few runs with a wonky rubber coulper, it seemed to not hold grease well anymore and would lose prime more easily. If it wasn't resting at the bottom of a lake right now, I would probably replaced the pump or tried to find a seal eventually.
an ok, that sounds nice! can you show me a photo where you have adds the hole with hatch tape? thanks fpr the infos!!
Nov 04, 2019, 08:16 PM
I am selling my brushless watercooled Jet Jam on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Boat-Je...0AAOSw3vpdvegB
Feb 05, 2020, 09:47 AM

My brushless setup

This is with a 3s 950 .

Proboat Jet Jam brushless 3s (8 min 38 sec)

Jet Jam speed test 3s, 4500kv outrunner (2 min 12 sec)

Quick Reply