Nov 30, 2017, 02:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Proboat Jet Jam 12" Pool Racer

https://www.horizonhobby.com/jet-jam...rtr-prb08031t2

Well this looks pretty sweet. $90 RTR...I'll be getting one eventually! Looks awesome. Self righting too

Pro Boat Jet Jam 12" Pool Racer RTR (1 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2017, 02:30 PM
Oh no..I have so overspent on toys this month and you tease me with this..........has to be brushed at this price..but for how long ?
Nov 30, 2017, 02:56 PM
Thread OP
I hear you! I have very little funds now either. I do believe it's brushed, I haven't seen a pic of the inside but maybe they will post some soon

Most definitely brushed. Doesn't look too fast in video. On brushless it would be a guided missle lol! I bet it would fly with a brushless set up.

Too bad they won't be out in time for Christmas. They would have sold like hot cakes for presents for children. Looks like it's virtually bullet proof
Nov 30, 2017, 03:06 PM
Well...At least I have the 'revised' Riverjet to play with and....the Thrasher on it's way as I type !!
But one of those would be great to keep in the car for a bit of spontaneous fun whilst out on the road..
Nov 30, 2017, 04:19 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
This one uses the pump and motor from the Patrol boat. I've yet to modify one of my samples but I'm curious to see how much it can handle before the pump falls on its face. BTW, we designed this one so you wont see it anywhere else under a different name.
Nov 30, 2017, 05:40 PM
Yup...it does look just the same as the pair on my patrol boat..you are going to throw a brushless in would be my guess.
I have a Graupner somewhere in a box unbuilt with pumps that look just the same
Nov 30, 2017, 08:47 PM
Tommy Tian
I also think brushless is better.My last boat is UDI small brushless boat,it can run at 16mph. Unfortunately, it was entangled by the float grass and never came bcak so I bought the alpha.
Nov 30, 2017, 10:00 PM
Wonderful Stuff
What's not to love
and if that price is right at about $100,,
I'll have a couple straight away,
Well Done and Rock on !!
Mark
Dec 01, 2017, 03:11 PM
Ha! Great idea for recycling those Patrol Boat drives into a fun and affordable package.
Dec 01, 2017, 04:26 PM
I'll stick youngster's V3 into one....haha
Dec 01, 2017, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyley
Well...At least I have the 'revised' Riverjet to play with and....the Thrasher on it's way as I type !!
But one of those would be great to keep in the car for a bit of spontaneous fun whilst out on the road..
Lucky! I would love a Thrasher. I was thinking the same thing about having it in the car. I bet you could drive it in the drainage ditch if there was heavy rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez
This one uses the pump and motor from the Patrol boat. I've yet to modify one of my samples but I'm curious to see how much it can handle before the pump falls on its face. BTW, we designed this one so you wont see it anywhere else under a different name.
Hehe, hurry up and go brushless, we want to see that I did notice that it looked like a 100% new hull design

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyclerk
I also think brushless is better. My last boat is UDI small brushless boat, it can run at 16mph. Unfortunately, it was entangled by the float grass and never came back so I bought the alpha.
I think the brushed will make it sell better. Cheaper and better for kids, which is probably what this is marketed towards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngsta
Wonderful Stuff
What's not to love
and if that price is right at about $100,,
I'll have a couple straight away,
Well Done and Rock on !!
Mark
Yep, the price is definitely attractive! I will be etting one s soon as I see some running videos/reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989
Ha! Great idea for recycling those Patrol Boat drives into a fun and affordable package.
They are going to be sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyley
I'll stick youngster's V3 into one....haha
Dang, if you want to fly just get a plane
Dec 01, 2017, 09:44 PM
Just Plane Nutts
The pump uses the same metal-rubber-metal coupler as in the River Patrol, so if you decide to go brushless and significantly bump up the RPMs/power you may want to consider swapping it for a solid one.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/motor-c...boat-prb286040
Dec 02, 2017, 07:00 PM
I want one! But like everyone else here, something for January!
Dec 02, 2017, 07:44 PM
You just can't not have one of those can you...for that money, albeit it will be more expensive when it hits our shores..and much later than over the pond, my cousin will come in very handy again.
Dec 04, 2017, 12:42 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Still need to give it a shakedown. I'll be heading down to a slow moving river in a few days to test it. Parts are out of my parts bin so I don't know what KV the motor is, maybe 2200-3200kv. I'm going to use the stock LiOn pack to begin with.

Quick Reply