HPP-21 Servo Programmer - RC Groups
Nov 30, 2017, 07:34 AM
Learning to crash
Discussion

HPP-21 Servo Programmer

Received my HPP-21 programmer and am a little upset that it isnt windows 10 compatible yet. I do run windows 7 on my rather excessively large gaming PC, but am on W10 on my laptop which makes the HPP-21 unusable where I need it to be at. I do have it working on my W7 gaming rig, but no luck on my laptop. I'm assuming this error is due to the incompatibility with W10. How about an update or a solution please?

EDIT... Ok, got it working on windows 10, but had to do some compatibility changes. Still, a firmware update from hitec should be made.
Last edited by Tom T; Nov 30, 2017 at 07:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2017, 02:24 PM
Uninstall the program, disable user account controls, then reinstall the problem. Once the program is installed then you can re-enable UAC.

UAC prevents your computer from making changes without Administrator permission, since the HPP-21 software is downloaded from our South Korean servers the Windows systems typically flag it and won't let it run properly (in order to protect the system from a program that it does not know about). When you turn UAC off the program installs properly without problems, at which point you can re-enable UAC. There isn't anything that we can do to change this, it is a problem with Windows and not with the program.

Make sure you right click on the HPP-21 icon and select Run As Administrator to prevent further problems.
Nov 30, 2017, 02:54 PM
Learning to crash
Thanks, UAC has been disabled since the day I bought the laptop. Its the 1st of among many things I do to a fresh windows install. Its all working now though. Thanks again.