Nov 30, 2017, 05:34 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

LRP S10 BX BL Blast 2 RTR 1/10 4WD Brushless Buggy Now $136 9/18/2018

EDIT-8/31/2018 This buggy is now on sale for only $136.99 during the End Of Summer Sales Event. Click me to order.

It looks like Gearbest is expanding their product line, and is now going to be selling LRP products The LRP S10 BX BL Blast 2 RTR 4WD buggy is now available on their site. There have been a lot of questions surrounding this buggy, and I am hoping that this thread, and info will answer the majority of those questions.

First off, it does appear that the buggy is indeed a genuine LRP product. It is however being sold by Gearbest with a ZD Racing electronics package. This explains how they are selling it for so much less than the buggy can be purchased for elsewhere. As you will see in the pics below, the buggy itself is packaged in an actual LRP box, which even shows the LRP electronics on it. It also includes a full LRP assembly manual. Apparently Gearbest has made a deal with the factory to have their own, less expensive version. I don't see this being much of an issue, as I have some past experience with the ZD Racing electronics package, and it has never given me any issues. The ESC is a 45A splashproof model, and the motor is 3650 3300kv. The included servo is just your standard 3 wire job. It gets the job done, but can always be upgraded for very little money later on.

The included radio system is the same radio that ZD Racing are now including in many of their newer packages. Again this is just a basic 2.4ghz AFHDS radio, but it works just fine, and has a Flysky look and feel to it, though I can't say if it is a Flysky radio or not.

This is a very complete ready to run package. You get everything needed to be up and running except 4 AA batteries for the radio. I have the 2400mah 2s LiPo battery charging now, and will get it out for a first run in my driveway shortly. I will post video soon thereafter. Check out the pics, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

First run out in my driveway. Buggy handles very well! More running videos coming soon.

LRP S10 BX BL Blast 2 RTR 1/10 4WD Brushless Buggy Only $149!! (2 min 36 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2017, 08:40 AM
i have wanted the LRP 2wd twister buggy for so long, but there arent any sellers in the USA. The price for this is great for 4wd.

is this online store a safe and commonly used place?
Dec 01, 2017, 08:51 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I personally have many many orders with them over the years and other than a couple orders being slow to ship I've never had a problem. There are a lot of folks on this forum that purchase from them on a regular basis.

I agree the price for this is quite good. I will very likely be ordering one in the coming weeks. I've been wanting a new 1/10 4WD buggy for a little while now to go along side my 1/8 buggies and my Tacon Soar.
Dec 01, 2017, 10:37 AM
thank you. i just ordered it. BTW, i found a coupon from them online for an additional 20% off.
GB11.11Toys

makes this good deal a lot better. I am really looking forward to getting this one.
Dec 01, 2017, 12:09 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Thanks for sharing that coupon code. I wasn't sure if it was still valid. That does indeed make it an even better deal.
Dec 01, 2017, 12:16 PM
tHe n00b on YouTube
Should be clone of the real LRP Blast BX 2
http://www.lrp.cc/en/product/lrp-s10...lectric-buggy/
Dec 01, 2017, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwvince
http://www.lrp.cc/en/product/lrp-s10...lectric-buggy/
Is the one in the original link not a real lrp
Dec 01, 2017, 12:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I'm pretty sure it is a real LRP product. Gearbest just started carrying them though so I can't say for certain.
Dec 01, 2017, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
I'm pretty sure it is a real LRP product. Gearbest just started carrying them though so I can't say for certain.
OK. i will post as soon as it arrives if it is a replica or real.
I assume it is real as well since it has LRP on the pictures.
Dec 02, 2017, 12:01 AM
tHe n00b on YouTube
Pictures does have all the LRP word plastered all over but not the product page.
Dec 02, 2017, 03:37 AM
Car Bashing
Quote:
I would say the "clone" or the copy is more the ZD Racing 1/10 serie. Or maybe the LRP chassis come from ZD racing factory : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...m-truck-Review. There are many "brands" who sell chineses chassis. Few months ago i saw that LRP sell a rebranded GPtoys 9116/9115 named LRP Antix MT 1/12 Monster Truck.

Some parts are 100% same like the slipper clutch, spur gear cover, the chassis plate, the upper deck, the receiver box... and some others like the shock tower, gearboxes, a-arms, c-hub...are differents but maybe compatible.
Last edited by Jym73; Dec 02, 2017 at 03:45 AM.
Dec 02, 2017, 06:06 AM
yesterday i put it a ticket request to ask them if it is an LRP since they are using the LRP pictures or if it is a clone. if they say its a clone, i will tell them to cancel the order. if they refuse, i will call my credit card and get the charges reversed right away.

i will not support sneakiness. this would be extreme false advertising since they have the LRP picture everywhere

UPDATED: i got a response to my ticket that tells me to use the ask a question on the product page. i did, but it didnt post to the site.
i responded to my original ticket telling them if they cant answer my question to just cancel my order and refund my money. So far i am not pleased with this site.
Last edited by rekim; Dec 02, 2017 at 06:19 AM.
Dec 02, 2017, 08:28 PM
UPDATE2: when asking which manufacturer makes this, if it is an authentic LRP, i got the exact response below. I kid you not. I asked again trying to use a more direct question, but i think i will have to just wait to see what comes. i will say, i think up to now the support hasnt been good from this company

response from gearbest:
Hello mike,
Material: Electronic Components,Nylon,Rubber
Dec 03, 2017, 03:05 AM
Car Bashing
I'm not a big fan of gearbest, but on this point i think they sell a LRP buggy. They have already sold Thunder tiger and Team magic why they wouldn't sell LRP? I pretty sure the LRP blast chassis is initialy made in china.
Dec 03, 2017, 10:21 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I've asked one of my contacts at Gearbest about the buggy. I should hear something back from her tonight or tomorrow morning, but I'm inclined to think that it is an LRP buggy.

Quick Reply