Nov 30, 2017, 12:55 AM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
Discussion

Redcat Everest Gen 7 "Pro" version

I see a few threads dealing with the "Sport" version but how about a thread for the "Pro" version?

From what I have been able to ascertain so far, the Pro version came equipped some several upgrades installed.

However, the steering still sux, lol.

Anyway, I just got one last Saturday. I ran it one time on the stock radio, which is a Fly Sky radio with a Redcat label. I have a Fly Sky FS-iT4S so I was able to bind that transmitter to the receiver in the Gen 7 Pro. Once that was done I adjusted end points on the steering so that the servo would not get stalled out on the stops, and then I adjusted the brakes so that they are not so grabby, and I plan on doing some other tweaks as well.

I did not like the drag brake that was set by default. I pulled the jumper out so that the truck can now coast when I let off the throttle. If I do some actual crawling somewhere instead of back yard running I may re-install the jumper.

One thing I have not figured out yet, is how to stop the ESC from going into reverse instantly. It's like a boat ESC. They need instant reverse. Cars/trucks do not. I am concerned about damaging the transmission and driveline because of it not just slowing the vehicle to a stop like a normal car ESC does.

More later...

to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2017, 10:21 AM
The Gen7 is a crawler/scaler, and those almost always need a strong drag brake and instant reverse, because fiddling around with double-tapping the throttle to reverse doesn't work well when you're on the side of a rock trying not to launch the truck. If you want it as a basher, then those attributes won't work. As far as I know, there's no way to reconfigure the ESC for forward/brake/reverse. If that's something you want, you're going to need to replace the ESC.
Nov 30, 2017, 12:15 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
Thanks for the info, I did not know about that.
Dec 31, 2017, 07:00 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
I just finished installing some LED lights on my Everest. I like to run rc trucks to exercise my dog, so lights are a necessity in the winter months.

I installed a Proline rooftop light bar, a Hobby King light bar meant for a roof but fit the bumper well, and a Turnigy "Smart LED" lighting kit.
Dec 31, 2017, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
I just finished installing some LED lights on my Everest. I like to run rc trucks to exercise my dog, so lights are a necessity in the winter months.

I installed a Proline rooftop light bar, a Hobby King light bar meant for a roof but fit the bumper well, and a Turnigy "Smart LED" lighting kit.
Looks good...don't blind your dog now!
Dec 31, 2017, 11:51 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
lol, thanks! Yes it is pretty darn bright at night!
Jan 14, 2018, 12:06 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
A short video my buddy took:

HDV Kmot 4X4 (1 min 32 sec)
Jan 14, 2018, 11:39 PM
Great video Kmot, love the Jeep Wagoneer look too!
Jan 15, 2018, 02:39 PM
Looks good! I am waiting for my greed Gen7 Pro to arrive...also ordered the high geometry steering knuckle set to hopefully fix the limited steering. Thanks to Jim for the link!

https://www.teamredcatshop.com/store/p746/180090s
Jan 15, 2018, 08:28 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
Thanks fella's!
Jan 15, 2018, 10:24 PM
Kmot...did you have to remove the side guard trim to apply the wood grain stickers? If so, how does it remove?

(Mines not here yet).
Jan 16, 2018, 09:52 AM
There are some screws on the inside of the body that you need to remove, then the fender flares will come right off.
Jan 16, 2018, 10:44 AM
Thanks! It should be here any day now....
Jan 16, 2018, 12:11 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
You need to remove the fenders, and that requires removing the whole roll cage assembly as well. At least that is how it looked to me and that is what I did. It's not difficult, just takes a little time.
Jan 16, 2018, 01:34 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
Okay, correction. I was installing a roof mounted lightbar at the same time as the wood panel graphic and that is why I had to remove the roll cage. Not for the fenders.

Quick Reply