This thread is privately moderated by itsevlam, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 29, 2017, 05:40 PM
Trader Rating: 14
plane builder
Thread OP
$125.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Gee Bee Dreamer short kits

Have short kits for the discontinued and now defunct Gee Bee Co. out of Massachusetts Gee Bee Dreamer.
Short kit only no electronics, engine/motors, radio, or retracts included.
Can be built for wet fuel or electric and I have done in both and both fly well
Thanx
Jim

UPDATE.. 7/19/2021. just cut four more kits , ready to ship.
Last edited by itsevlam; Jul 19, 2021 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Update
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2017, 05:58 PM
Trader Rating: 160
Are you including the 2 sets of plans?
Do you have a picture of the kits you fabricated?
Are the fuselage cabane struts music wire or have you fabricated a bolt on wing method?

I have made three of these and they are fantastic performers.

Mark
Nov 29, 2017, 06:08 PM
plane builder
Thread OP

Dreamer

Both pages included or can be found on outerzone.
Music wire or bolt on, have done both.
Pics shown are of my Dreamer
Nov 29, 2017, 07:43 PM
Trader Rating: 8
What about the airfoil?? The plans show a much thicker airfoil than the actual ribs that were supplied with the original kits. The plans airfoil is much too thick IMO.
Last edited by bipeman; Nov 29, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
Nov 29, 2017, 08:07 PM
Trader Rating: 16
Excuse my ignorance but what does a short kit include?

Thx
Nov 29, 2017, 08:13 PM
Trader Rating: 19
short kits are the ribs and formers fuse sides any piece that has a dfefinate shape, you supply sticks, sheeting
which size dreamer 40 or 60
Nov 29, 2017, 09:49 PM
Trader Rating: 16
Landing gear and wheel pants?
Nov 29, 2017, 10:31 PM
If you build a Dreamer.. Extend the fuselage by one inch. You will greatly improve the airplane.

The Dreamer deserves recognition as one of the best biplanes of all time, right up there with the Andrews Aeromaster and the Goldberg Ultimate!
Nov 30, 2017, 05:25 PM
plane builder
Thread OP
Answering in order..

Bipeman, my original kit the included ribs were same size as on plan. All other "copy's were built as per plans and no problems.

Wr_rider, slam555 describes ba short kit to a "T"

Slam555, it is a 40-46 size

Wr_rider, I find included landng gear is too heavy so I made my own. Wheel pants not included ( the pants included in kit was absolute junk and too heavy) but I am including instructions on how to make them from both balsa and vacu-forming by making a "stooge"/ shaped wood blank and heat gunning/shrinking a 2liter soda bottle around the stooge. Worked well both ways.

Bipeman, I'll have to try extending fuse.. you have done this and share results please.
The Dreamer is a looker and a great flyer as is!
Nov 30, 2017, 06:10 PM
I built my Dreamer from a kit in 1994. Somewhere on RCU someone had written "be sure to stretch the fuse by 1" (or 1.5") for xxxxx reasons," so I did. Just added that amount from the back of the cockpit to the tail. I don't know if it made a difference or not as I have never flown a stock one.

I put hundreds of flights on that plane and am in the process of restoring it now.
Nov 30, 2017, 06:28 PM
plane builder
Thread OP
Bipe
Did u add more formers? More info on extension plz
Nov 30, 2017, 07:54 PM
Nope, Just spaced the formers out a little more.
Nov 30, 2017, 10:29 PM
Trader Rating: 19
was the inch just added to the nose.
I had that bipe, put a 65 saito on it flew great, scared everyone else, plane flew like it was on rails, never crashed it sold it regretably wouldn't mind another
Dec 01, 2017, 10:01 AM
Read posts above please.
Dec 02, 2017, 12:23 PM
Trader Rating: 5
I did a search on outerzone, and the only bee gee dreamer I can find is the 39" 40 size. I'm really interested in the 60 size version. Where do you get the plans for that one? I'd like to take a look at the plans before I commit. I've always loved the looks of that bipe. Been a bipe fanatic since my first Aeromaster. I should add, the first of 4 since the 70's. one can not have too many wings on an airplane, right?

Quick Reply