Nov 29, 2017, 11:51 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Very Best Micro Servo

What is the best micro servo available? Cost is not an issue.

I need the most precise, fastest, and slop free servo available.

It cannot be a heli tail servo designed to work only with gyros. The have different pulse width.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2017, 11:57 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
How small do you want to go. For reference, check out what the F3J and F3B community is using, which means mostly MKS 6xx0HV series or Futaba SBus2 servos (with some still using JR stuff if they can find it). The competitive glider community relies on small, strong and fast servos which must have very precise/slop free centering.

Futaba offers a good selection in its Sbus2 line (these will also work on PWM inputs)

S3270SVi HV S.Bus2 Programmable Micro
S3777SV S.Bus2 HV Programmable Micro (10g servo)

With MKS, the 6100HV is the default.

Note that external bearing servo frames are available for these servos, to be combined with LDS kits for the most precise control surface actuation possible.
Nov 29, 2017, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
I was looking at the MKS line.
A size reference would be anything between a Hitec hs65 and hs81 size.
Precision is of the utmost importance. Speed should be ok as long as it is .10 sec or faster.
Nov 29, 2017, 02:34 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaywood
I was looking at the MKS line.
A size reference would be anything between a Hitec hs65 and hs81 size.
Precision is of the utmost importance. Speed should be ok as long as it is .10 sec or faster.
.10 second is extremely fast for anything other than a heli tail servo. You can get that performance from some aileron servos for sailplanes, but you'll typically be looking at HS85 size.

The BLS173SV HV S.Bus2 Programmable Mini Air from Futaba is .10sec on 2s and just slightly larger in size (3mm larger in 2 dimensions, 3mm smaller in the third)

The HV6100 is even smaller, with similar performance aside from strength.
Nov 29, 2017, 02:59 PM
RC Guru
Nevermind..
Last edited by Xpress..; Nov 29, 2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: oops
Nov 29, 2017, 04:30 PM
Thread OP
The MKS look pretty good. Wish I had real world centering data.

LDS will not work on this project. The control surface will be super small OR I am going to make each wing panel move....think very small. 6x4" or so
Nov 29, 2017, 05:39 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaywood
The MKS look pretty good. Wish I had real world centering data.

LDS will not work on this project. The control surface will be super small OR I am going to make each wing panel move....think very small. 6x4" or so
I'm sure somebody over in the F3X forum under Sailpanes has centering test data, competition molded sailplanes are extremely sensitive to centering, especially on ailerons and elevators. That's largely why there's a relative handful of servos used widely across the community. Pretty much everybody uses 3-4 servos out of the same list of 10-15 MKS, JR or Futaba units.
May 15, 2020, 07:06 PM

The best servos, specs & price point

https://www.promodeler.com/servos
Made in the USA.
May 16, 2021, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Doogie
Whow they look to be the bees knees.
May 31, 2021, 04:32 AM
https://www.deeforce.net/product-pag...tal-wing-servo

The ds118 are nice but only wing mount.
Latest blog entry: Minimoa Restoration