Nov 29, 2017, 08:17 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
Video

ZOHD Nano Talon...it's also a FANTASTIC RC trainer plane with beginner gyro mode

Second outing with the ZOHD Nano Talon....this time only low wind as opposed to the storm conditions I flew in last time. Allowed me to play with the 'beginner' stabilisation/gyro mode. Really surprised me how easy it made it to fly this plane. If you were a first time RC pilot you would have NO problems flying this thing because it prevents excessive rolling and stops the ability to invert. I guess that's also great for FPV pilots who want to concentrate on the view rather than the flying. You'll notice my rather weak handed launch. Despite that it climbed away with no problem. Great job by ZOHD on a great package. Looking forward to taking this out again and getting some high altitude onboard footage.

ZOHD Nano TALON FPV RC plane / TRAINER: ESSENTIAL RC FLIGHT TEST [*Ultra HD / 4K*] (5 min 7 sec)
Last edited by DominicM; Nov 29, 2017 at 08:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2017, 02:17 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Many first time RC flyers these days learn on their own without the assistance of an experienced RC flyer . Stability is important for an ( unassisted ) beginner , but ( In My Opinion ) so is a slow flying speed ..... your plane seems to be awful fast for a beginner .

Here is the plane I recommend for an unassisted first time RC flyer , stable and slow :

Copy of EzFly with under-cambered wing (1 min 57 sec)
Nov 29, 2017, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Many first time RC flyers these days learn on their own without the assistance of an experienced RC flyer . Stability is important for an ( unassisted ) beginner , but ( In My Opinion ) so is a slow flying speed ..... your plane seems to be awful fast for a beginner .
Totally agree! I would say slow flying speed and durability is key factors for good trainer. Everything else comes second.
Your flyier doesnt seem to give second chance on any input error. Even on buddy box for experienced teacher would be very stressfull.

I would see this model more as fun fpv platform but definetly not a trainer.

Quick Reply