Nov 27, 2017, 09:46 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Discussion

New JR Americas Ad in Model Aviation!

For those who have not seen it yet, this ad is on page 34 of the the new Model Aviation magazine (which I received today).
Sadly, a lot of people have been spreading false information regarding JR for a while now-this should silence the rumor mill!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2017, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear that they are just rumors. We all benefit from these manufacturers pushing technology forward ahead of the others. I have been a long time JR user/fan, at least up until fairly recent. I hope JR continues to produce quality radio equipment, I would like to see them get back into it heavily.
Nov 28, 2017, 12:01 AM
it's JR Americas who was spreading false info because they don't want you to get rid of all your JR stuff otherwise they would have to close down.

they are just receiving receivers maybe other small electronic items from the Singapore factory but JR PROPO is no longer making new transmitters

I can't guarantee that the XG11 is made by JR it looks like an aftermarket casing https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=290
Nov 28, 2017, 06:13 AM
I thought they said that they were not developing new design equipment because they were busy with another part of their business for a spell. They did not say they were not producing existing equipment. They did not say they would not develop new rc equipment in the future.
Nov 28, 2017, 09:36 AM
Radikal,

Truly you have no clue sir...

They did move production to Malaysia.

Sharing information is what the forums are for, not spreading false information and rumors.

And the XG 11 SE casing is from the same tooling as the original 11X, XG11, and XG11 MV-it's not an "aftermarket casing." This tooling is from 2010, when the 11X (Spektrum) version was released. It is now painted (in a variety of colors) as opposed to being plated. It also has the much improved sticks currently used on the XG14.

Link to 11X manual: http://www.jramericas.com/manuals/JR...100_Manual.pdf

You might do a bit more research first before starting to spread more gossip, sir-this one on the casing is common knowledge to anyone who has been in the hobby for the last seven years.
Last edited by Ah Clem; Nov 28, 2017 at 12:28 PM.
Nov 28, 2017, 03:20 PM
According to the Sanei Electronics Manufacturing (located in Malaysia) website, they have been manufacturing some JR products since 1997. Both my XG11MV purchased three years ago and a used XG14 purchased later were made in Malaysia. So the move of JR electronics production from Japan to Malaysia in itself is not that significant.

The XG11 special edition case may differ somewhat from the one used for the XG11. A month ago I asked JR Americas if the XG14 gimbals could be installed in my XG11MV. I was told that it couldn't.

Allan
Nov 28, 2017, 03:28 PM
A post or ad by JR Americas denying any problems with JR, is not sufficient evidence that the rumors are not substantially correct.
Nov 28, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem
And the XG 11 SE casing is from the same tooling as the original 11X, XG11, and XG11 MV-it's not an "aftermarket casing."
do you work for JR JAPAN ? are you a JR team pilot ? why don't you show us a few pictures (mould and tools) of the new* XG11 being made over there in Asia factory ?

the case most likely is made by JR but the paint job might be done by another company !!

*definition of new = vintage model (DX18, SE, QQ, G1, G2...), no telemetry ready, better gimbals, no spares anywhere. that's it
Nov 28, 2017, 04:45 PM
New label on an old bottle with a mix of existing wine inside. Probably to use up existing stock inventory.
Nov 28, 2017, 05:49 PM
Dave Wilshere on Nov. 9 posted a message in RC Universe's RC Jets forum that JR will be introducing two new receivers RG613BX-B and RG812BX-B this year. When used in conjunction with the current 613 and 812 receivers, the number of PWM channels can be doubled. This and the introduction of the XG11SE are small steps but it indicates that JR has not yet abandoned the hobby field.

Allan
Nov 28, 2017, 08:18 PM
I sent in my JR10X to HH for a mem battery replacement & they forwarded it to JRA. JRA did fix it & return it in a timely fashion, although I felt the charges were quite exorbitant.

Denny
Nov 28, 2017, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the entity known as "JR Propo" is dead. The brand name JR is being kept alive by RC Depot in Japan who have taken over production of certain products at the same factories JR used. So yes it's the same product, same tooling.

There are "new" products being developed by RC Depot, receivers, servos, gimbals, etc... If you want to stay up to date with these developments I think their facebook page is the best way-

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rc-Depot/723728224337867

I don't know what RC Depot's capabilities are regarding engineering and software, but I did ask them about possible software updates to the 28X and their reply was the radio is "discontinued" .

This may be good news or bad news for the JR name brand, if RC Depot has some capability and is more flexible than the "old" JR structure perhaps we will see some new items in the future. All they have to do is add voice capability to their existing XG radios and work with the Open TX team and they would be in really good shape. Imagine and XG14 with OpenTx??? That would be a winner for everyone who want's quality hardware and flexible software.
Nov 28, 2017, 09:09 PM
Radikal,

"do you work for JR JAPAN ? are you a JR team pilot ?"

No to your first question, yes to your second. I have been a Team Pilot for four years and have flown JR radios since the early 1980s (back when Circus Hobbies was bringing it into the country).

I cannot believe the negativity and doom-saying of those that clearly have no information other than the rumor mill. It seems as though some have been taking delight in JR's erroneously reported demise.

This should be good news that JR is alive and well-good for the modeler and good for the industry.

I will leave you all to it.
Nov 28, 2017, 09:26 PM
RC Depot has apparently taken over production of the Forza line of helis. All the older machines have apparently been dropped. But the question is, for how long? Big helis are a niche market and JR helicopters was a niche within a niche i.e. big very expensive helis. I mean a Forza 700 is more expensive than a SAB Goblin 700 and a Goblin 700 is freaking expensive.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Nov 28, 2017 at 09:39 PM.
Nov 29, 2017, 06:53 AM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79
I'm pretty sure the entity known as "JR Propo" is dead.
not really. the current president is a woman she is just focusing drones market

Quote:
I don't know what RC Depot's capabilities are regarding engineering and software, but I did ask them about possible software updates to the 28X and their reply was the radio is "discontinued"
did you want new features or is there any software bug ?

Quote:
All they have to do is add voice capability to their existing XG radios and work with the Open TX team and they would be in really good shape.
http://www.jramericas.com/236115/VSPJRVM/

Quote:
Imagine and XG14 with OpenTx??? That would be a winner for everyone who want's quality hardware and flexible software.
too good to be true, this business model is not profitable for the big ''fish''.

Quick Reply