Nov 27, 2017, 06:50 PM
Old Prop Buster
Alert

Latest Moron Busted Flying Over Raiders Football Game!!

On Sunday a Sacramento, California "Rocket Scientist" was caught flying his drone over the San Francisco 49ers Football game and used his drone to drop leaflets over the crowd. This was followed by a quick trip up the freeway to preform the same act over the Oakland Raiders game. He was caught at the Oakland game due to the 49ers security alerting Oakland that he left their property and may be headed their way. This is a serious incident as both articles listed below state as he could have had something else besides paper to drop. Not mention the weather was crappy and his aircraft could have crashed into the crowd. I think it was great that finally some idiot got caught red handed, but it could mean a knee jerk reaction from our politicians is coming from the wacko state of California. I could have choose the category title of Rant or Cool but I choose Alert as I don't know what to think. I have nothing against drones, just morons.
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/11/...ames-arrested/
http://www.kcra.com/article/sacramen...games/13943634
Gary
Last edited by Sir Dumb Thumb; Nov 27, 2017 at 09:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2017, 04:58 AM
KAVANAUGH 2024
But its ok for players to kneel during the national anthem...
Nov 28, 2017, 05:59 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtech
But its ok for players to kneel during the national anthem...
You read my mind!
Nov 28, 2017, 11:37 AM
Oh! Just love model
Uh, right ... because drones can fall and hurt people, whereas the exercise of free speech hurts only snowflakes.

August
Nov 28, 2017, 11:59 AM
AeroDan
ONE moron ruins the hobby for EVERYONE on a GLOBAL scale.
Nov 28, 2017, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5083
Uh, right ... because drones can fall and hurt people, whereas the exercise of free speech hurts only snowflakes.

August
And based on the numbers here who are so angry about the exercise of free speech, I think we can tell who the real snowflakes are.

RStrowe
Nov 28, 2017, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5083

August
You don't have free speech rights from your employer. The NFL can stop the insult to our nation pretty easily and the players would have no right to free speech from the NFL. That right is free speech from the government not the NFL
Nov 28, 2017, 02:55 PM
Which is the moron, the drone flyer, or the politician's making ridiculous rules? I guess in this case, both.
Nov 28, 2017, 03:15 PM
KAVANAUGH 2024
Its not a free speech matter, its a matter of respect or being disrespectful on their part.That is not the way to protest, they have no credibility doing it the way they are.
Nov 28, 2017, 04:29 PM
Suspended Account
Regardless whether anyone thinks it's justified or not, the FAA has stated, NO FLYING OF DRONES OVER SPORTS STADIUMS.

Now who here would like to contest that in court?
You can exercise your rights there.
Nov 28, 2017, 04:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStrowe
And based on the numbers here who are so angry about the exercise of free speech, I think we can tell who the real snowflakes are.

RStrowe
Some people just need to be taken out behind the woodshed!
Nov 28, 2017, 06:37 PM
Culper Junior
Sure glad the AMA wants to be the voice of drone flyers. That'll put the AMA in a positive position with the general public.
Nov 28, 2017, 10:18 PM
Old Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
Sure glad the AMA wants to be the voice of drone flyers. That'll put the AMA in a positive position with the general public.
This nut was dropping leaflets about the danger of television news at the football games. He has been going around Sacramento dropping them on the local television stations, and even a firefighter ceremony. He has YouTube videos of him practicing with his DJI dropping the leaflets. Just guessing here, but I bet this guy has never heard of the AMA or would even care if he did, as he had an agenda. I think the general public thinks the AMA is the American Medical Association and knows nothing about our hobby. Here is a link to his interview if you like ( I won't watch it) but I did read the little blurb with it.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...me-speaks-out/
Gary
Nov 29, 2017, 06:41 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dumb Thumb
This nut was dropping leaflets about the danger of television news at the football games. He has been going around Sacramento dropping them on the local television stations, and even a firefighter ceremony. He has YouTube videos of him practicing with his DJI dropping the leaflets. Just guessing here, but I bet this guy has never heard of the AMA or would even care if he did, as he had an agenda. I think the general public thinks the AMA is the American Medical Association and knows nothing about our hobby. Here is a link to his interview if you like ( I won't watch it) but I did read the little blurb with it.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...me-speaks-out/
Gary
The part of this I find interesting is the fact that it happened in California. A very obvious and blatant breach of the rules. So the way this case carries out will say a lot about how the FAA and government intend to deal with such things in the future. At least until they ban them all together.
Nov 29, 2017, 09:28 AM
The QuadFather
Why are you surprised it’s California?
Latest blog entry: Infraction list

Quick Reply