Nov 25, 2017, 10:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

South Bay Soaring Society Contest Input

I am trying to get input from anyone but especially from your club what changes we can make to our contests to get more of you to come fly with us. We have a very large, several acres of mowed grass to fly off and the temps are not too hot in the summer. Holster usually gets an ocean breeze.

The format we are proposing for next year would be pilots meeting at 9:50A, First round at 10A. Winches will be open by at least 9:30A.

5 rounds, 5, 10 , 10, 10, 15 MOM. Each round will be normalized for a final score.

$10 entry top three in category walks away with a piece of paper.

Categories: Open, Ales, RES, 2M. One category per pilot to move the contest along.

Please post here or send me a PM. I would love to get input and more importantly pilots down to fly

Tim Ellis. SBSS assistant CD.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2017, 08:48 AM
Skyking
Good morning,
For me and my bad back, it's the carrying plane and stuff all the way across the field. AT SVSS we changed the contest every month and really enjoyed it more.
Ron V.
MH
Nov 27, 2017, 10:33 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Hi Tim,

As you know I love flying at your Hollister field. The main thing that keeps me from coming more often is the drive: it takes me 3+ hours to get there so I have to stay overnite near the field to make it work.

There are a number of us at SVSS who would like to cultivate a closer contest-sharing relationship with our Norcal club neighbors. I suggest you hang in there until mid Dec when our new officers are in place to continue this discussion.

Thanks for checking in!
Chris

Quick Reply